City's worst manager of all time

Hughes by far, he is a disgusting excuse of a manager, has spent so much throughout his illustrious managerial career and has nothing to show for it, odd that?

RMancini said:
Hughes by far, he is a disgusting excuse of a manager, has spent so much throughout his illustrious managerial career and has nothing to show for it, odd that?

whats odd is that he bought half title winning team and bellamy and people say he worst manager in clubs history, dont get it, he hes not the best but he certainly not the worst

RMancini said:
Not even in the top (bottom?) 6 of City managers.

RMancini said:
you've not been a City fan for long have you "obviously"

Ducado said:
RMancini said:
Well said. Some of our managers in the period from the late eighties through the nineties still send a cold shiver down my spine.

jimharri said:
RMancini said:
Not even in the top (bottom?) 6 of City managers.
To be fair he was poor at city and i expected Hughes to win us a trophy<br /><br />-- Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:21 pm --<br /><br />I know jimmy frizzell was poor but he did buy paul stewart

jimharri said:
Ducado said:
RMancini said:
Well said. Some of our managers in the period from the late eighties through the nineties still send a cold shiver down my spine.
we have had some duffers that's.for sure but they all did their best with what they had available

bluemc1 said:
RMancini said:

whats odd is that he bought half title winning team and bellamy and people say he worst manager in clubs history, dont get it, he hes not the best but he certainly not the worst

funny you never mention the very long list of very poor players he brought at the same time

Explain how such a giant in the transfer market spent so much on RSC ?

bluemc1 said:
Because he had a lot more money than anyone else in the club's history and could only advance us three places. From 9th to 6th for £200m. Not exactly value for money. I sincerely believe any of the managers we've had whilst I have been alive could have spent £200m or the then equivalent of say £50m in the nineties and moved us more than three places up the table. He bought some good players but couldn't do anything with them. He bought one of the best defenders in the world in Kompany and then barely played him. He also bought some utter shite - so-called proven (old and/or injury prone) Premier League players like Bridge, Bellamy and Santa-Cruz for ridiculous fees and wages which made them impossible to get rid of. He had the same defence as Mancini and conceded three goals five times in just seventeen Premier League games of the 2009-10 season whereas Mancini has only conceded three goals in four Premier League games in the one-hundred and four games since. Just to make that statistic live for you. 30% of his games in his final season, he conceded three goals. Mancini, less than 4%. Same bloody players available...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.