City's worst manager of all time

In my lifetime has to be Hughes, bought so much crap and failed to beat the likes of Hull, Burnley and Fulham at home. He set us at least a year back imo.

greasedupdeafguy said:
In my lifetime has to be Hughes, bought so much crap and failed to beat the likes of Hull, Burnley and Fulham at home. He set us at least a year back imo.
There were plenty worse than Hughes. Ball, Neal, Coppell, Benson, Frizzell, Clark and Allison (second time around) all spring to mind straight away. It has to be Ball though, VERY closely followed by Allison.

_57869_clark150.jpg

i think i remember the exact moment hughes fate was sealed,bolton away city had a corner,bolton broke out 4 bolton players v one city defender .shocking tactics,

Malcolm Allison is a City legend but he nearly destroyed us in his second spell. Got rid of quality players like Barnes and Owen, spent money we didn't have on utter shite like Barry Silkman, Dragslav Stefanovic, and plenty of other nobody's he thought he could mould into a revolutionary team.

RIP Malcom, but you sure messed us up in 1979 which was the death nail of a great side from 1976 onwards. Never would I say he is ever the worst manager we've had, but were it not for his already legendary satus from the Mercer years, he'd be up there with some of the others on this post!

Thenumber1blue said:
blueonblue said:
There is only one clear winner, that f*cking loser numpty hughes, every other candidate has at least some mitigation of no money or a piss poor squad left from a previous manager.

Numpty continues to show just how bad he is by repeating the same tricks of spending a fortune and replacing the keeper for a far inferior one while dragging the team down the table, a team with not a bad squad including Djibril Cisse who I rate as one of the best finishers in the game, and Nedum who is as good or better than most defenders in the league.

I pity the poor fans having to listen to the oh so familiar excuses of it being every bodies fault except his week after week, no doubt "We will get stronger in the second half of the season" is on its way soon.
Good Shout!

kompany lescott zaba dejong tevez barry, worst city manager ever ?????? EVER ? really???

bluemc1 said:
kompany lescott zaba dejong tevez barry, worst city manager ever ?????? EVER ? really???
Yes, £200m he spent. Actually managed to get some good players for that amount and yet finished lower than Sven did, managed a record seven consecutive draws and conceded three goals on five occasions in the 09/10 season alone, including at home to Burnley, the team with the worst away record in the league that season, and a 0-3 tonking off bottom of the Championship Nottingham Forest the season before. So yes, he had the heart of our defensive success in his last season; Hart; Richards; Lescott; Kompany; Zaba; Barry, and had a shockingly shit record because he doesn't know what to do with them. By the end, Kompany was rarely playing, with Toure, Richards and even Onouha preferred at one point! That's how much of a moron he was. He bought Kompany and then couldn't see how good he was. A few years later, essentially the same defensive heart of the team and we're very disappointed and consider it a very poor defensive performance when we concede three at the Bernabeu.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.