Cityzens Prices Confirmed

Not happy but will probably pay, even though I can only afford time and money for 2 or 3 games nowadays :-(

dubblue said:
TonyM said:
Thanks again Mr Platini.

Nothing to do with him and I'm far from a fan of his. This is the club as usual.
Until Uefa disregard ticket sales from their FFFP calculations then all clubs have to maximize this type of revenue when otherwise they may prefer not to. This is my big gripe with FFFP - it screws the fans. I can actually live with transfer limits etc. it's the fact that costs have to be recouped by clubs from fans that does my head in. This is why I think FFFP is bad for football in the long run. It sterilizes our relationship with the club.

TonyM said:
dubblue said:
TonyM said:
Thanks again Mr Platini.

Nothing to do with him and I'm far from a fan of his. This is the club as usual.
Until Uefa disregard ticket sales from their FFFP calculations then all clubs have to maximize this type of revenue when otherwise they may prefer not to. This is my big gripe with FFFP - it screws the fans. I can actually live with transfer limits etc. it's the fact that costs have to be recouped by clubs from fans that does my head in. This is why I think FFFP is bad for football in the long run. It sterilizes our relationship with the club.

I disagree,the club do have a choice.Imagine UEFA saying we failed FFP due to not charging fans high enough ticket prices,they would be castigated.

It's a new era for young new fans they will take to this like a duck to water now and in the future, it's the new social media era and us "older" generation will think its a disgrace but stand still as a club you go backwards.. I don't agree with it but like I say you can't stand still the club have to look forward and where the future will be..

waspish said:
It's a new era for young new fans they will take to this like a duck to water now and in the future, it's the new social media era and us "older" generation will think its a disgrace but stand still as a club you go backwards.. I don't agree with it but like I say you can't stand still the club have to look forward and where the future will be..

My worry is the young fans that will never get into the sport because of the prices. A year or so ago the cheapest ticket I could get for a 5 year old for the Hull game was £27. And if I wanted to sign up my 2 kids for this it would effectively be a £50 donation to the club in addition to the cost of tickets.

I'm just not going to pay that for something that offers them nothing of any value.

For a lot of kids going to games is the thing that makes them fall in love with the club. Getting harder and harder to do that.

dubblue said:
TonyM said:
Thanks again Mr Platini.

It is to do with him, he is the king clown **** introducing Financial Faux Pas

waspish said:
I was hoping the new generation would baulk at it. My generation are used to paying for stuff, nothing was free. I've binned my season ticket due to other commitments, but the ridiculous price increase did help in my decision making.

However, I thought the new generation, the social media savvy lot, are used to freebies. Free internet, free social media, free music downloads, free film downloads etc, etc, etc. I was kind of hoping they'd tell clubs to fuck off and start fighting for some fair pricing (the Citizen prices are a fucking joke), whereas the oldies would just moan, then pay - and spout shite about it being well worth it due to memories of York away, or Stockport County at Maine Road!

TonyM said:
dubblue said:
TonyM said:
Thanks again Mr Platini.

SC went up £65 each for the second year in a row this year. 65x35000=2.275m.

We could offer £1.75m less for Mangala with £6k/week less wages and £0.75m less for Willy with £3k/week less wages for them both and nobody would have batted an eyelid. And that would have covered the £2.26m.

If 25000 sign up for the ridiculously names "Cityzens" card, it would only make the club £875000. That won't make any sort of dent into FFPR. We've saved about £10m not folding to Yaya's ridiculous tactics on trying to fleece a huge new contract from the club so we don't need the extra £875k to go towards FFPR.

The club do not need to charge fans silly prices for tickets and 'Cityzens' cards to battle FFPR..someone on the board just wanted a payrise by showing they've made some sort of an increase in revenue on the books.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.