Cityzens Prices Confirmed

Eccles Blue said:
Dunne's own goal said:
Eccles Blue said:
But aren't City points and Ticket points different?

So the new points are for additional things, rather like the ones we had a few seasons ago where we had the chance to 'buy' things in auction?

They better be! Could somebody actually confirm this please?

I've just spoken to someone at the club and yes they are separate entities rather like, as I've said, a couple of seasons ago with the auction thing.

So your match TICKET buying points are now Ticket points which remains exactly the same as always and the City points are completely different.

They are going to get someone to put something on the website to make this clearer.

Plus I also had a word about the proof reading and they are going to sort that out as well!! :_)
Well done Eccles blue it was as clear as mud !! What was throwing me was how you get 20 city points for buying a ticket as well as 10 ticket points

Eccles Blue said:
willy eckerslike said:
Cheers Eccles, it makes sense now - I hadn't even picked up on the name "City Points", just saw it all as one and the same.

So did I at first WIlly that's why I contacted them, this is what I love about our club though (& I know I may be in a minority here) they will respond to you and they do listen.

Glad I don't have to go down that social meedya route!

Eccles Blue said:
Dunne's own goal said:
Eccles Blue said:

So the new points are for additional things, rather like the ones we had a few seasons ago where we had the chance to 'buy' things in auction?

I've just spoken to someone at the club and yes they are separate entities rather like, as I've said, a couple of seasons ago with the auction thing.

So your match TICKET buying points are now Ticket points which remains exactly the same as always and the City points are completely different.

They are going to get someone to put something on the website to make this clearer.

Plus I also had a word about the proof reading and they are going to sort that out as well!! :-)

Thank you Sir.

Dunne's own goal said:
Eccles Blue said:
Dunne's own goal said:

Plus I also had a word about the proof reading and they are going to sort that out as well!! :-)

Thank you Sir.

Madam, but I answer to most things except swear words!! :-) You are very welcome.

I thought it was pretty clear that the City points were mickey mouse things, which you could use for auctions, fluffy stuff, but "Ticket Points" was the name for loyalty points.

Nowhere did it say that City Points for hanging your cock out on Social Media would gain you access to tickets....

Bit of flapping in this thread for nowt.

Especially when the expansion is done, there will be no bother getting tickets for games on general sale (without any membership).

we are now worse than United in fleecing fans?

at least they froze season ticket prices this season!!

dubblue said:
TonyM said:
dubblue said:
Nothing to do with him and I'm far from a fan of his. This is the club as usual.
Until Uefa disregard ticket sales from their FFFP calculations then all clubs have to maximize this type of revenue when otherwise they may prefer not to. This is my big gripe with FFFP - it screws the fans. I can actually live with transfer limits etc. it's the fact that costs have to be recouped by clubs from fans that does my head in. This is why I think FFFP is bad for football in the long run. It sterilizes our relationship with the club.

I disagree,the club do have a choice.Imagine UEFA saying we failed FFP due to not charging fans high enough ticket prices,they would be castigated.
There not going to say that though are they. They'll say you spent too much on player transfers and wages. They really don't care where we pull revenue from and my argument is that they should care - they should ring fence the cost to fans just like they do stadium development, academies and community spending.

Ridiculous pricing, I've cut it down to the bare bones these last couple of seasons. No cup schemes, no away games. I get my Gold season ticket for £620 and I'm pretty happy with that split over four payments, I don't buy anything in the stadium and I haven't bought a shirt since the first Umbro kit. I get to the odd CL game with my dad if I can arrange to get out of work early enough to fight through the horrendous traffic in to Manchester on weekdays.

Eccles Blue said:
Dunne's own goal said:
Eccles Blue said:

Thanks for getting that cleared up :)

I've just had a bit of a whinge about this on the CityVoice site (pasted below) and I'd encourage people to sign up to that site. There have been positive results as a result of raising issues on it over the now-defunct CityWoman site and facebook-only voting for POTY.

I posted here https://city-voice.vcfeedback.com/forums/Forums/Details/97ede686-a71b-42f8-b95f-55be8a1905f7 and the main page for anyone interested in signing up is here https://www.city-voice.co.uk/Portal/default.aspx

I'd like to talk about the new Cityzens membership. Like many people, I was expecting an increase - but 40%? Outrageous.

The scheme does seem to offer some potentially very nice benefits/prizes (proof of the pudding will be in when we see how often someone wins one!) but discriminates against anyone who doesn't participate in social media no matter how long they have been a paying supporter and makes match ticket-priority an expensive luxury.

The encouragement to get "more involved" on social media is all well and good - and probably to be expected - but did no-one think how people are going to try and game the system? I can't speak for facebook but earning "points" by retweeting just encourages users to flood others' timelines; earning points by using #MCFC and #together will encourage some people to use those all the time, regardless of whether their tweet is about City, and ultimately render those # useless.

I gather from elsewhere that the <a class="postlink" href="http://beacityzen.mcfc.co.uk/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://beacityzen.mcfc.co.uk/index.html</a> site is going to be amended to make it clear that CityPoints are not the same as Ticketpoints and I can't help wondering if the Club actually got outsiders (ie people who don't work there) to feedback on the website vefore it went live.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.