Cityzens Prices Confirmed

jimharri said:
Asian Blue said:
Well ordered mine today...................................one hour wait on phone, and never want to hear bloody Green Sleeves again !!!!!!

The girl who I eventually go through to was very helpful and get the order sorted out very quickly. However when I asked her how long to arrive in the post, she said a few days, but I have now read that the membership package ( with goodies ) will not be sent out until August 4th ??
Oh well, taken the plunge now, and only time will tell if good value.
Why didn't you do it online? Less hassle all around.

That bloody internat thing will never take off !

LoveCity said:
waspish said:
I wonder how much fans contribute to the turnover at city with match day tickets memberships merchandise food drinks? 25m? 30m?

£39.6m of our £271m was "matchday revenue" on the last Deliotte list. Which is very small compared to most top English clubs, but City make up for it with commercial income that has us bringing in more revenue than Arsenal and Chelsea. But still... it doesn't seem to be enough for City, who as well as being excellent at bringing in commercial revenue, want to increase matchday revenue even before the stadium expansion (= more corporate/VIP options).

FFP is a poor excuse for all this considering our income is the 6th highest in world football ALREADY. City probably want people to use FFP as an excuse to justify their price hikes when there is absolutely no need to take more from the fans' pockets after the eye-watering increase in TV revenue. And if City stopped overpaying average squad players like Richards so we could actually sell them at normal fees, our income would be even higher.

At least a public figure has spoken out, not that it'll do any good probably: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2699859/Gary-Lineker-Premier-League-ticket-prices-pure-avarice-fans-face-hike.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -hike.html</a>

Our onsite hospitality for the whole season is sold out !!! Match day revenues will increase substantially this year and then with the ground expansion.

jimharri said:
Asian Blue said:
Well ordered mine today...................................one hour wait on phone, and never want to hear bloody Green Sleeves again !!!!!!

The girl who I eventually go through to was very helpful and get the order sorted out very quickly. However when I asked her how long to arrive in the post, she said a few days, but I have now read that the membership package ( with goodies ) will not be sent out until August 4th ??

Yes your right mate , as normally I book everything possible on line, but for some reason thought that the Cityzen Membership would sell out very quickly !!
One interesting thing I picked up from the girl was that she was working from an Office in Nottingham, and hates football by the way .
That said she was very helpful, and I guess outsourcing marketing is the way of the world now.

Asian Blue said:
jimharri said:
Asian Blue said:

Yes your right mate , as normally I book everything possible on line, but for some reason thought that the Cityzen Membership would sell out very quickly !!
One interesting thing I picked up from the girl was that she was working from an Office in Nottingham, and hates football by the way .
That said she was very helpful, and I guess outsourcing marketing is the way of the world now.
Having witnessed some of the shite we've had to endure down the years, I can see where she's coming from, to be honest!

citizen_maine said:
Marvin said:
moomba said:
At what point do you draw the line? There will always be people willing to pay more to jump on board a successful side. What if it goes up to £100 next year, or £200. Your "if you don't want it don't buy it" mantra remains true, but I think all supporters should be able to think beyond that and see that long term supporters are falling by the wayside.

People (including yourself if I'm not mistaken) are already complaining about the change innthe match day crowds and atmosphere.
I am bothered about the crowds and atmosphere

I'm not bothered about City memberships. We've had them in one shae or form for quite some while, and they keep getting tweaked. Bluemoon is a City membership of a form.

But as long as there's an Access Card or something similar that's free, or costing a nominal £10 or so, I don't see an issue.......providing you can still accrue points. Some people have to give up seasoncards for legitimate reasons eg work, children etc, and they should be able to transfer their points onto an "Access" card without being forced to pay £35 for Cityzen membership. Providing you can do that, then who cares?

don't think City are that crass and stupid to bite off the supporters hands.

So how do I transfer my Blue membership onto one of these Access cards? As far as I can see, the only option available is to buy a Cityzen card (but it's probably just me looking in the wrong place)

Just go to Sign Up for Cityzen and you can log in with your existing Blue info, everything else is just a case of pressing next>next>next and entering your payment info

This is a joke. I was hoping to take my little girl to her first game (Southampton away) this season. Dont think i will be able to afford to now.

Thats the only game she will be going to and ill have to pay out £25 BEFORE buying her ticket. Thats just her. Living on the Isle of Wight i dont go to more than a couple of games per season so this makes me think twice.

The £10 fee a couple of years ago was a piss take and this angers me as she is going to be denied a rite of passage that i had due to greed.

Not a working mans club anymore. Disgraceful.

Cityisland said:
This is a joke. I was hoping to take my little girl to her first game (Southampton away) this season. Dont think i will be able to afford to now.

Thats the only game she will be going to and ill have to pay out £25 BEFORE buying her ticket. Thats just her. Living on the Isle of Wight i dont go to more than a couple of games per season so this makes me think twice.

The £10 fee a couple of years ago was a piss take and this angers me as she is going to be denied a rite of passage that i had due to greed.

I would suspect if this game went to these news city cards they would also go to general sale as most people who buy these cards will be for home games not aways.

I can't understand the 'I'll have to buy a season card but as I can only attend a few games there will be empty seats for most matches' arguments. Surely you have a duty or just a decency to try and shift your season ticket if you can't attend a match? If you're platinum then you can sell them through viagogo, if you're not then surely you have friends, colleagues etc you can give them too, or use the ticket forum on here.

Also this citizens card seems to be trying to cash in on our growing global fanbase who don't necessarily have any connections to match going fans. If you've been a fan for many years then you'll know many people who still go and have the odd ticket surely? Also you can still buy them when they go to open sale can't you? My point is if you want to only attend the odd game and you've been a blue for many years then I'm sure you can get your hand on a ticket for the less important matches so need to buy this card thing!

Cityisland said:

To be fair unless it was midweek or something I doubt very much Southampton away would go down to city cards

Cityisland said:

If City had remained a working mans club, we would be playing the likes of Goole, Matlock and Hyde every week, its not a City thing, its modern football, we all have to like it or lump it. If the price of the Cityzen card will exclude you from attending the Southampton game, you cant afford it anyway mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.