Cityzens Prices Confirmed

wolfie1988 said:
Citycards at Maine Rd and the early years at COMS used to cost money to buy and you used to get priority over general sale just as you do with Cityzens.

Think they were £20 and £10 at the time. I don't think it's too bad personally and we've all been affected by the prices increases. I've got a seasoncard so I'm in the unaffected camp with this particular membership and it's hard to view it if the shoe was on the other foot.

I think a way of softening that blow would be maybe knocking a quid or so off Face Value for Cityzen members when they purchase tickets for league games.

Yeah, I remember the last time this debate was raised, someone provided a screenshot of the old City website, where citycards were 20 pound something like 10 years ago.

Assuming most people by a new shirt every season, getting the 10% soften's the blow somewhat (whether the Nike shirts are overpriced or not is a different debate).

The reality is that in an age of FFP the money has to come from somewhere.

billymumphrey said:
wolfie1988 said:
Citycards at Maine Rd and the early years at COMS used to cost money to buy and you used to get priority over general sale just as you do with Cityzens.

Think they were £20 and £10 at the time. I don't think it's too bad personally and we've all been affected by the prices increases. I've got a seasoncard so I'm in the unaffected camp with this particular membership and it's hard to view it if the shoe was on the other foot.

I think a way of softening that blow would be maybe knocking a quid or so off Face Value for Cityzen members when they purchase tickets for league games.

Yeah, I remember the last time this debate was raised, someone provided a screenshot of the old City website, where citycards were 20 pound something like 10 years ago.

Assuming most people by a new shirt every season, getting the 10% soften's the blow somewhat (whether the Nike shirts are overpriced or not is a different debate).

The reality is that in an age of FFP the money has to come from somewhere.

They were £20 first seasons at CoMS but access cards were free and City Cards got discounts, plus the match prices were a lot cheaper and categories were transparent.

Agreed with the comments and disgruntlement from fellow blues regarding the price of Tickets.

I can fortunately afford my SC still, but I am lucky at the moment.

I don't however point the finger of blame at City, more so The FA/Premier league and policy makers in general who allow such pricing whereas in relatively similar leagues such as Bundesliga clubs are offering tickets for cheaper than over here.

it's got to a point now were I'm aware of lads who actually find it cheaper to get tickets and flights/accommodation and are supporting clubs like Borussia Dortmund now.

Hang your head in shame British Football.

Is there any point in the membership?? Forgive me if im wrong but almost every home game goes on sale to the public. The only time you need it is for utd and wembley

Official details:

<a class="postlink" href="http://beacityzen.mcfc.co.uk/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://beacityzen.mcfc.co.uk/index.html</a>

Be prepared to cringe #together....

Btw the number of spelling mistakes on that site are atrocious. You'd think they would have proof read it before putting it up.

Not very clear if these 'city points' are going to completely replace all loyalty points at the club as a means of buying tickets. If so you can now get acces to tickets by increasing your city points by liking Facebook posts and retweeting city related content. Madness.

Pretty bold move from City either way.

WNRH said:
Manchester United mark II, they'll be forcing fans to buy cup tickets or you'll have your seasoncard suspended next.

if they do this, then I will become a armchair city fan/ you should have a choice if you want to buy cup tickets

Just read the cityzen literature totally confused by the points thing .loyalty points seem to be called ticket points now.and unsure weather ticket points and city points are one and the same thing .IF they are it reads that those that do social media etc will get more points than a normal match going fan.weather these go towards ticket priority??? is anyone's guess .very very confusing !!!

Da_Blu_Moona said:
Official details:

<a class="postlink" href="http://beacityzen.mcfc.co.uk/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://beacityzen.mcfc.co.uk/index.html</a>

Btw the number of spelling mistakes on that site are atrocious. You'd think they would have proof read it before putting it up.

Not very clear if these 'city points' are going to completely replace all loyalty points at the club as a means of buying tickets. If so you can now get acces to tickets by increasing your city points by liking Facebook posts and retweeting city related content. Madness.

I am as confused as you if they are saying that spending £5 in store =10 points is going to count the same as my 10 points I've acquired over the years for attending each match ??
if this is going to be the case the current loyalty pecking order will be gone by dinner time ??? .can't see this being the case but can't see them running loyalty points/ticket points as well as city points .the question is the number of city points going to govern when you are able to buy your match tickets ???

mrtwiceaseason said:
Da_Blu_Moona said:
Official details:

I am as confused as you if they are saying that spending £5 in store =10 points is going to count the same as my 10 points I've acquired over the years for attending each match ??
if this is going to be the case the current loyalty pecking order will be gone by dinner time ??? .can't see this being the case but can't see them running loyalty points/ticket points as well as city points .the question is the number of city points going to govern when you are able to buy your match tickets ???

"As a Cityzen, you'll earn City Points. These help you access unique money-cant-buy experiences, club discounts and exclusive partner benefits"
http://beacityzen.mcfc.co.uk/the-points.html

"As a Seasoncard holder, you already earn Ticket Points (previously known as Loyalty Points). So that’s all good, you keep getting those."

Social media Points
Connect Social Network Facebook and Twitter 50
Like pages on Facebook (all MCFC pages below) 50
Like Partner pages on Facebook (see Partners list below) 25
Follow Twitter @MCFC / @MCWFC 50
Like/Share a post on Facebook (all MCFC pages below) 5
Mention MCFC official account on Facebook 5
Retweet/Fav a Tweet @MCFC / @MCWFC 5
Use #together / #mcfc 5
Mention @MCFC / @MCWFC 5

WTF????!!!!!!!!!!!

We had this points shit a couple of seasons ago when you could bid for stuff like a match worn armband etc.

I'm 'safe' with a S/C this season but downgraded to Gold.

The time is coming where I'll be calling it a day with prices constantly rising. I wasn't going to sign up to the CL scheme this time but I relented and did so, dependent on pricing for the group games I could still cancel.

If I end up as a casual matchgoer in years to come much as I'd like to remain part of City I'll not be spending a fortune on these sort of cards and £xx of money on tickets direct from the club.

For fans who only go a couple of times a season just buy off here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.