Cityzens Prices Confirmed

£70 to hang on to a few thousand points we had before I acquired another S/T

last years £50 was bad enough...

Regular Joe said:
Have the full benefits of joining Cityzens been publicised yet? Seems a little early to be slagging off the club until you know what you actually get for your money.
No idea, but I'm a Gold seasoncard holder, and Cityzens is automatically included.

Amongst the benefits for me are:
10% retail discount (discount cannot be used with any other offer)
Pay by Direct Debit
Voucher for £25 off concerts or sports events at Bluemoon's favourite friend viagogo.co.uk

I guess all will be revealed tomorrow.

Re: Cityzen Prices Confirmed

blueparrot said:
moomba said:
Should never have to pay money just for the right to buy a ticket.

Agree it shouldn't be so much and nor should the tickets, but tbf the payment is for priority not to actually buy a ticket which will eventually go to general sale.

That's a good point and one that may be missed by many.
But £35 does seem on the steep side considering it was £10 just a few years ago.

I used to buy my Mum and Dad these just invade they fancied a game or two but won't be at a £70 outgoing

Stupid price.

It will cut down a lot of potential match-goers. Too much up-front

Keith Moon said:
£35, so what, an afternoon at the pub.
Multiply it by three if you've got say an adult kid in college and then add the price of your underage lad... oh, 130pound... before anyone has even asked for a ticket. Then, you've gotta book your tickets in hope as much as expectation, pay up front (if you want good rates) for a hotel, pay up front (every fucking time) for your flights and, you know what, if you could fast from getting up at 5am or some other stupid hour your plane lands til Manchester rouses and suck ypur thumb til the mext flight at 11pm (weather permitting) and pay no never mind about whatever some of the above set you back, whattayaknow.. it's just about the price of a day in the pub.

Citycards at Maine Rd and the early years at COMS used to cost money to buy and you used to get priority over general sale just as you do with Cityzens.

Think they were £20 and £10 at the time. I don't think it's too bad personally and we've all been affected by the prices increases. I've got a seasoncard so I'm in the unaffected camp with this particular membership and it's hard to view it if the shoe was on the other foot.

I think a way of softening that blow would be maybe knocking a quid or so off Face Value for Cityzen members when they purchase tickets for league games.

I wouldn't blame Lee Kenny, he was brought in to be the fan who presents ideas and I can't see him setting prices? It'll be Glick or whoever is in charge of exploiting fans for as much money as possible (every club has one) who set the pricing for this.

EVERY aspect of supporting Manchester City becomes more expensive EVERY year. From the shirts to the tickets to the food... it's annual inflation with no end in sight.

It's time for someone who isn't afraid to speak up and talk to the media if necessary to create a supporters' union like MUST (United) and Spirit of Shankly (Liverpool). If a club obsessed with its image and reputation like City is publicly challenged over yearly price hikes, they may start to slow them down.

They must be laughing right now because we have no real presence fighting the cost inflation. Is there anybody out there, though, who would start such a movement? The 1894 Group are doing a great job, but that's more as an atmosphere group than a supporters' union.

It would be okay if you got the discount like they used to do, and you got your money back after several matches.

The fact City for several years will not tell you the match day prices ('dynamic pricing system') means you are buying a pig in a poke sack as you may not be able to afford the matches you want to go to.

Not long ago you could get your mates tickets for the big matches on free access cards for £28. Then it jumped £8 one season an never looked back.

The demand is there now though, and City can do it.

LoveCity said:
I wouldn't blame Lee Kenny, he was brought in to be the fan who presents ideas and I can't see him setting prices? It'll be Glick or whoever is in charge of exploiting fans for as much money as possible (every club has one) who set the pricing for this.

EVERY aspect of supporting Manchester City becomes more expensive EVERY year. From the shirts to the tickets to the food... it's annual inflation with no end in sight.

It's time for someone who isn't afraid to speak up and talk to the media if necessary to create a supporters' union like MUST (United) and Spirit of Shankly (Liverpool). If a club obsessed with its image and reputation like City is publicly challenged over yearly price hikes, they may start to slow them down.

They must be laughing right now because we have no real presence fighting the cost inflation. Is there anybody out there, though, who would start such a movement? The 1894 Group are doing a great job, but that's more as an atmosphere group than a supporters' union.

Post of the day :)
I have been saying this for years that City have needed (or the fans have needed) an independent supporters group. I was hoping when I was secretary of the Centenary Supporters' Association that this would have been the group but branches still (understandably) wanted access to tickets and players. You wont get that if you are publicly challenging the club so it didn't happen.
Had I still been in the UK I'd be up for forming something (membership 35 quid a year ha ha ha ha )

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.