CL draw Automated

I get that, but there should surely be some kind of advantage for the top seeded teams.
but I thought isn;t that the point of the new format?

so basically Real Madrid shouldn't face us in anything but a semi or final if they are ranked top of their groups

I've already posted this in the thread in the main forum, but there is a simulator here

Just ran it and we got Real Madrid, Juve, Dinamo Zagreb, and Stuttgart at home, and then Dortmund, Benfica, RB Salzburg, and Slovan Bratislava away.

so basically Real Madrid shouldn't face us in anything but a semi or final if they are ranked top of their groups
There's no group, we can play them in the league stage. Depending on where we both finish in the league it's possible we could play them again in the following round as well

I think the point of the new format is to play more games and make more money, for clubs, TV companies and Uefa.

They do that with more matches, but they don't want extra matches with crap teams who'd get low viewing figures. They want extra 'big' matches.

However, traditionally, more big matches would mean more jeopardy and more big clubs going out. With this format they may have found a way for big clubs to play each other early on, but with enough of a safety net so that 'big' clubs can afford to lose a few games and still go through.

For clubs who are doing well it may make some of the later games feel a bit meaningless, but it seems the higher up you finish the easier the next round will be, so there's still something gained by playing a strong lineup etc.

I don't think so, no. That's my opinion. You're welcome to yours.

Depends what you want the end goal to be.

Might sound like semantics, but I want us to be the best, and for everyone to know we're the best. That to me isn't necessarily about winning the Cup (although it can help obviously). If we were to win it playing a load of lower level teams, it wouldn't feel as good to me. I want us outplaying Madrid and destroying Barca on the way to winning it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.