CL Draw | QF: Atletico Madrid | SF: Chelsea/Real Madrid

That’s how I feel playing against Atletico. We get plenty of practice playing against a parked bus every week and they’ve got no pace up top to threaten us. I’m not saying it’s going to be easy because they’re the master of the dark arts, but yeah I’m happy with the draw. Chelsea/Real semi will be decent too.

Spending a weekend in Paris with 50k scousers makes me ill though.

Atletico have an intelligent quick pass out of midfield and Lodi is their quickest player, but their defenders usually thrive on defending aerial balls and we don't play that game.

They really don't have the pace that a Palace or Spurs can counter us with.

Personally, I think the tie could be over after the first leg.

First leg at home in both rounds (potentially) is shite
We play away from home, Athletico make it ultra defensive and keep it at 0-0. Back to the Etihad and the pressure is all on us to go at them and as they have shown, they are capable of turning up in England in the second leg and knocking out teams on the counter.

Take a lead to madrid, the pressure is all on them to open up and come at us. We are far too good for them if we turn up.

Atletico are notoriously well-drilled; if we think we've come up against staunch defences already this season, this is a different animal. We can't afford for our forwards to be as profligate as they have regularly been this season. Pep will have to formulate a perfect game plan.

Still, if I were a betting man (I assuredly am not!), I'd put money on us progressing.
Oblast is best keeper n world

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.