CL Draw | QF: Atletico Madrid | SF: Chelsea/Real Madrid

Atletico didn't look great against United.
They certainly didn't. They went 1-0 up and parked the bus they are masters of the dark arts as in time wasting, cynical fouls, taking time with goal kicks and throw ins ect They are more than happy for the ball to be out of play for as long as possible.
We'll have them pinned in for the majority of the two legs. Let's hope we know were the net is over the 180 minutes and we'll be fine.

Will the two Madrid clubs both being at home in the same week be an issue?

Just want to make sure it will definitely be the week as planned and the home/away game won't be switched

Atletico fixture remains as is due to them being the Champions of Spain.

You pissed?
Not at all, just finished writing some massive report for the client. :)
I watched them a few times this season, they might be misfiring and people think they are shit, but then Spuds, Southampton and Crystal Palace are very much unremarkable, do you see where I am going with this? There is a pattern to our struggles and AM fit nicely into this. I am just saying I would personally prefer RM to AM.

Not so sure. The deadline for bids is tomorrow and then there is a review process by government and then Prem owners' test.

One of the bidders is promising a £50m loan for the final weeks of the season to service wages, so that would indicate the takeover won't be signed off quickly.
I did read that UEFA are talking to the government about the situation and that the terms of the licence may yet be changed. Anyway, who knows? It's not an issue that yet concerns us and there's no guarantee that they'll get past Real Madrid.

Only reason to be disappointed with that draw is the crucial Liverpool match sandwiched between it.

Liverpool will have a much easier time against benfica on paper and will be able to rotate with less worry than we will.

Anybody know anything about the yellow card system in the knockouts, Do they get wiped after the Round Of 16?
Atletico had a few bookings in both legs agaisnt the Rags I think Rodrigo De Paul had one in each leg. Don't know if they are missing anybody.

We've probably got lucky with Kyle Walker the games he has missed through suspension Sporting twice and at home to Atletico Madrid, At least he'll be back for the away tie.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.