CL Draw | QF: Atletico Madrid | SF: Chelsea/Real Madrid

Atletico will be tough obviously but strangely I'm looking at the teams left and thinking we can beat them all! Probably won't turn out that way but there really is no team we should fear. Come on blues!
There's no reason to be scared of any teams left and we're the favourites to win it for a reason. But, and it's a big one, football is played on super tight margins and there are three or four other very excellent teams. One year we have to take the opportunity a reasonably tidy draw gives us.

Are you on the ticket exchange? You'd be surprised if you're on it at how easy it can be to pick up tickets, especially with this much covid flying about ATM.
Yes, thank you -- hadn't seen a thread posted about this match yet there but I will be watching! Really lucky (for me) we got the home leg first.

If we want to finally win this Atletico are the kind of side we need to be beating. They don’t seem to be at the same level as in previous seasons, they’re miles off the pace in La Liga.

We know in the first keg they’re likely to sit deep, try and play on the counter, waste time and dive everywhere. Pretty much like 90% of the teams that turn up to play us. We should be well used to it.

Atletico have alot of weaknesses they've been conceding goals for fun in La liga. Defence isn't what it used to be.

If we want to finally win this Atletico are the kind of side we need to be beating. They don’t seem to be at the same level as in previous seasons, they’re miles off the pace in La Liga.

We know in the first keg they’re likely to sit deep, try and play on the counter, waste time and dive everywhere. Pretty much like 90% of the teams that turn up to play us. We should be well used to it.
I do a lot of those things on the first keg as well.

We are better than Athletico.
Meanwhile, in an alternate reality, a Liverpool fan has just posted that 'Huge surprise a Cl draw that goes Liverpool's way, what is the world coming to?' They genuinely believe this utter guff.

I’m not only talking about City jim but the whole draw of certain clubs avoiding each other.
Honestly though, if this was a tourney that was seeded 1-8, the draw looks pretty reasonable. Top 4 teams don’t have to play each other, Chelsea vs real is like a 4vs5 matchup. The only thing I would switch is give us benéfica and the dippers get atlético. Other than that, it looks good for us. Atlético looked putrid against United. They are there for the taking.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.