CL Draw | QF: Atletico Madrid | SF: Chelsea/Real Madrid

We got screwed over when Llorente scored with his arm. The Turkish ref didn't have a comprehensive view and so gave the goal, and I remember a couple of penalties in one game went against us, one of which involved a 'law change' within the week!
He scored with his hip, it hit his arm first but then hit his hip and went in. By the rules of that season, a goal was the correct decision.

Think prices will come down again if Chelsea game switches…Manc direct flights obviously gone sky high but London routes also high at the moment
I paid £320 yesterday, prices will more likely go up, it's Easter holidays time.

Maybe I'm being a bit over confident but I can't help but feel after watching them twice against ManUre that this could be over in the 1st leg at our place.

Play like we know we can and we'll create more than enough chances.
Creating chances isn’t the issue.
Overall taking chances hasn't been an issue either.

Out of interest would people swap our draw for Liverpool’s.

I’m hearing we have got a really tough draw, but I didn’t want Bayern or Liverpool.

Athletico could have been easier with Villarreal or Benfica, but they would have been the next one I choose (I appreciate playing style will be a concern and we will need to exercise patience). However, the general feeling is that United where just terrible and they where not outclassed.

Real/ Chelsea is obviously going to be a tough game, whichever way it goes and I think there is a good chance Chelsea fans will be back one way or another by then (however for all the UEFA is corrupt) they surely won’t want a Russian team in the final.

PSG where the better team against Real over 1 and a 1/2 legs and if it was not for Mbappe running offside needlessly, I think they would have won.

That said despite age Modric/ Benz showed they still have world class ability at times, so I think they would be able to hurt us, although strength wise our team/ squad is better.

In short the bookies have 3 favourites (us, L’pool and Bayern)

2 in with a chance (Chelsea, Real)

1 a bit of an outsider (A.Madrid)

2 rank outsiders (Benfica and Villareal).

Would you prefer to be against another favourite and the rank outsiders.

Or 2 with a punchers chance and one it would be a surprise if they won the tournament?
I wouldn’t swap

as for the PSG game. I thought they were our best performances of the season
We were very disciplined and on our game.
letting mbappe run offside was brave.

and coming back like we did from a goal down was immense

i think we are better in the big games.
and our problem is juggling the team about so we are fresh and have energy for the next games. Which are just as important

Pep says he doesn’t look ahead but he does. He must look at games and think ‘this team is good enough to win this game’
And leaving himself wriggle room to play a team that is good enough to win the next game.

We should beat them. But what will the team actually be. No point in winning this game and losing to Liverpool

He scored with his hip, it hit his arm first but then hit his hip and went in. By the rules of that season, a goal was the correct decision.
Did we ever have a complete season where the handball rule remained the same. I can't remember which season was which these days, but was it the same season, after or before, that Laporte had a goal disallowed with the faintest wisp of the ball hitting his arm. and when was Ottomendi penalised for the ball striking his upper arm in a European game?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.