CL last 16 draw - Monaco

Because as well as the other team from their group, teams can't play teams from their own association. So Atletico can only play 5 of the other 7 as two of the runners-up are Spanish and same principle applies to Dortmund.

So we've got a 20% chance of drawing any club but they haven't all got a 20‰ chance of drawing us.

Does the TV draw/scheduling make a difference as well? Or conflict. Usually you have the issue of rags/us playing on same night but they've been kind and given up their place this year. The TV companies don't want Barca and Real on the same night either usually and though I might be wrong I thought they used to change things to make sure there wasn't a clash. As it's Leicester, us and Arsenal there's not a clash in this respect in England. I might be getting confused though, that might only come into it at group stage draws.

I enjoy my European jaunts so I'd be pretty pissed off if we ever got a English team in the latter stages, even if they are on paper an easier option.

I was pretty angry when we got Celtic but it felt like a European trip as no one could speak English :)
And they drink at all times of strange hours of the day

Does the TV draw/scheduling make a difference as well? Or conflict. Usually you have the issue of rags/us playing on same night but they've been kind and given up their place this year. The TV companies don't want Barca and Real on the same night either usually and though I might be wrong I thought they used to change things to make sure there wasn't a clash. As it's Leicester, us and Arsenal there's not a clash in this respect in England. I might be getting confused though, that might only come into it at group stage draws.
Yes it's only group stage where they split teams for TV purposes.

There's other considerations as well - If Arsenal get put into the 1st half of the draw, we have to go in the other half because of TV reasons (so we'd play on different days)
Fair point. Although, with three English sides through to the group stage, two of them will be in the same half of the draw.

Nothing really THAT complicated. Group winners play runners up, no teams from the same country can be paired, and no teams from the same group (thank fuck, no Barca!).
I know that,i think none of that should apply now,stick them all in the same hat with no restrictions on who can play who

There is approximately the following:
1 in 4 chance we get atletico
1 in 4 chance we get Dortmund
1 in 5 chance we get Monaco
1 in 6 chance we get Juve
1 in 7 chance we get Napoli

So 50-50 whether we get a bad draw (atletico or Dortmund) or a good draw (any of the others - although Juve would be tough)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.