CL last 16 draw - Monaco

I think if you can sort out the defence it's the other teams that will be fearing you.

quite happy with who we can get, no one will fancy us, especially if you add gabriel jesus into the mix and poss some defensive reinforcements in the transfer window

I think if you can sort out the defence it's the other teams that will be fearing you.

It's strange but although the defense is very much substandard I can't help but feel it's "our year". Very "scouse like" I know!

My preference is:-

1 Napoli
2 Monaco
3 Dortmund
4 Juve
5 Atletico

You guys had that magical night in Lisbon, Liverpool had Rome, I think it's written we get that most exotic of European capitals ... Cardiff.

Not entirely sure of the maths behind this, but it seems to suggest that we're statistically more likely to get Atletico or Borussia than the others. Maybe the algorithm factors in UEFA's inherent corruption.

CzGs_PTXUAY1sT_
Does anybody know why the chances aren't a flat 20% for each of our possible 5 opponents?

Does anybody know why the chances aren't a flat 20% for each of our possible 5 opponents?

I'm not clever enough for all the maths behind it but for some clubs have more teams that they can't draw. For example, we can't get Arsenal or Leicester. Dortmund can't get Bayern or Leverkusen so they are more likely to get us. Same with Atletico because they can't draw Real or Sevilla. Juventus for example have no other Italian teams they can't draw because Napoli topped their group. I need a lie down now.

I'm not clever enough for all the maths behind it but for some clubs have more teams that they can't draw. For example, we can't get Arsenal or Leicester. Dortmund can't get Bayern or Leverkusen so they are more likely to get us. Same with Atletico because they can't draw Real or Sevilla. Juventus for example have no other Italian teams they can't draw because Napoli topped their group. I need a lie down now.

Yeah, I presume that's the reason why.

It's strange but although the defense is very much substandard I can't help but feel it's "our year". Very "scouse like" I know!

My preference is:-

1 Napoli
2 Monaco
3 Dortmund
4 Juve
5 Atletico

You guys had that magical night in Lisbon, Liverpool had Rome, I think it's written we get that most exotic of European capitals ... Cardiff.

Cardiff, Rome, Lisbon, three of Western European architectural and cultural zeniths.

On the bright side, no need to fly and they speak a version of English that is only slightly easier to understand than ours.

It reminds me of the old joke.

Small guy talking about the Welsh to a man mountain in a bar.

The only thing to come out of Wales is hoors and rugby players.

The big guy says, my wife's Welsh.

What position does she play?

Because as well as the other team from their group, teams can't play teams from their own association. So Atletico can only play 5 of the other 7 as two of the runners-up are Spanish and same principle applies to Dortmund.

So we've got a 20% chance of drawing any club but they haven't all got a 20‰ chance of drawing us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.