CL last 16 draw - Monaco

Should be winnable, probably the best option we could've had. Arsenal fans can complain but this is karma for us having a hard group and them getting two small teams.

We're flying to Milan stay over a night, train the next day, watch the game, stay over in monaco, train to milan, fly back to Manchester. £120 all in.

We're flying to Milan stay over a night, train the next day, watch the game, stay over in monaco, train to milan, fly back to Manchester. £120 all in.

£120 all in not bad. Isn't it like a 6 or 7 hour train journey each way though?

£120 all in not bad. Isn't it like a 6 or 7 hour train journey each way though?

Four hours apparently, but even if six hours, cant complain at that price. Hopefully will go through some nice scenery. Was in Milan last year after I lost my passport in Turin. Might visit my friends at the embassy and say thanks for sorting me out.

Not being arsey at all. I'm highlighting the maths behind "cheap" fares which don't end up cheap at all. Alot of folks outside the area lump us in with London. Allow for the rail fare etc if you're planning a trip from a London airport. Manchester - Euston is mile for mile one of the most expensive rail journeys in the world. And then Genoa ... travel from there to Monaco needs to be priced in too. The all-in total is what travellers end up paying. Not just the air fare between two airports which are both in the wrong cities.

Well - that all cool then

Must say though - it did come across to the objective observer as 'being arsey' - MANCHESTER CITY in capitals etc. If you were not being arsey - why feel the need to post......

I am from MANCHESTER but live in the south - so for me it was a helpful contribution which I thank the poster for

Just booked hotel in Monaco for 2 nights for 2 of us €168, that's £140 So with flights it's £274 each. I'm happy with that

Four hours apparently, but even if six hours, cant complain at that price. Hopefully will go through some nice scenery. Was in Milan last year after I lost my passport in Turin. Might visit my friends at the embassy and say thanks for sorting me out.
Yeah it's not bad that. I've only booked flight out and hotel at the minute, so keeping my options open.

Flew to and from Bergamo for Juve last year and was there a few weeks ago for the Milan derby.

Yeah it's not bad that. I've only booked flight out and hotel at the minute, so keeping my options open.

Flew to and from Bergamo for Juve last year and was there a few weeks ago for the Milan derby.

Yeah, we're flying to the Milan airport which is in the city, then when we're flying out its the one which is further out. About an hour on a coach at about €19 I seem to recall from my last trip there. To be fair, when assessing the teams that we could have got, this was the one which was always going to be a little bit of effort to get to.

Well - that all cool then

Must say though - it did come across to the objective observer as 'being arsey' - MANCHESTER CITY in capitals etc. If you were not being arsey - why feel the need to post......

I am from MANCHESTER but live in the south - so for me it was a helpful contribution which I thank the poster for

Also, it often is considerably cheaper to fly from London than Manchester even if you live up this way, and thats taking the extra journey into account. Don't understand why he felt the need to post that.

I don't think there will be enough demand from Genoa but it was a good idea.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.