CL Last 16 vs Barcelona (feb. 24 & mar. 18)

So for the away leg.

You buy plane tickets now.

Then you buy match tickets from City directly? These are on general sale?

What if you don't get a match ticket after paying for the plane?

Does it take a few days to sell out or are we talking an hour or two?

MC-alexander-FC said:
Manchester_lalala said:
MC-alexander-FC said:
How fast did this fixture sell out last year? I really fancy this one and have around 4000 points, am I in with a chance?

Away from home was very quick, at home sold out as soon as general sale went on. It will be the exact same this year I would think.

Sorry, should of said away from home lol. Considering booking flights ect this week but wouldnt want to go without a ticket.

Probably one less going here, can't afford it right now.

We get around 4,500 tickets - last season was a something of a novelty with it being our first time in the KO stages of the CL so the demand may be slightly lower - also beware of the ticket price, £77 last season and that was the cheapest anywhere in the stadium.

Ffs genuinely thought we would avoid either real or barca,and to be fair delighted to still be in champions league,but ffs can we not get someone different from Bayern,CSKA then barca,same applies to Chelsea didn't they get PSG last year,the only surprise is arsenal getting Monaco instead of Bayern.Anyhow bring it on and if we are at full strength and don't go in fearing them like last time then we have a good chance,at the end of the day if we want to win it you have to be prepared to face good teams at some stage....

uwe rosler 28 said:
Seen enough over the 2 games last season to say we have a good chance of progression! Play 2 tight games on the counter! Clean sheet at home could be crucial.

The only way we're going to beat Barca is either a hatful of goals or a ref from Germany, France, Italy etc.
Twatini only wants his favourites in the last 8 & we're definitely not a favourite team of his, you need to be in the Chumps League for about 20 years to get recognition.

If we get a weak referee from Moldova, Ukraine and the like he will be intimidated by Nou Camp and will be on the plane back home with a big brown envelope, never to be heard of again!

Although Barca is favourite to win, But Manchester City this time is better and definitely have a chance to win

MC-alexander-FC said:
How fast did this fixture sell out last year? I really fancy this one and have around 4000 points, am I in with a chance?

No chance whatsoever of getting a ticket with that many points. Last year it sold out just as it was touching 10,000 points. May be slightly less demand this year but i'd expect it to sell out before it hits 10000 again this year. You'll have no trouble getting a ticket in the home end though.

ninjamonkey said:
MC-alexander-FC said:

No chance whatsoever of getting a ticket with that many points. Last year it sold out just as it was touching 10,000 points. May be slightly less demand this year but i'd expect it to sell out before it hits 10000 again this year. You'll have no trouble getting a ticket in the home end though.
Just need to be willing to part with a few quid.

ninjamonkey said:
MC-alexander-FC said:

it sold out at 9000 points (in the CL scheme) last year

Can't see the corporate uptake being as great and the novelty value will have worn off

maybe 9000 again, maybe less?

From a neutral POV I don't see what the fuss is. Barcelona are not the team they were before and Aguero is a level above even last year where he was injured. If anyone should be angry with the draw is Barcelona. They just drew the hardest team they could have got and they may go out. The same could be said for Chelsea. City needed to avoid Madrid and you did. This is not the Barcelona team of even 3 years ago.

I really hope this attitude does not seep down to the players. Kompany's comments after the Moscow game worryingly implied it may have.

This is a great opportunity for City. Smash Barcelona and announce your arrival on the European stage.

supercrystal7 said:
From a neutral POV I don't see what the fuss is. Barcelona are not the team they were before and Aguero is a level above even last year where he was injured. If anyone should be angry with the draw is Barcelona. They just drew the hardest team they could have got and they may go out. The same could be said for Chelsea. City needed to avoid Madrid and you did. This is not the Barcelona team of even 3 years ago.

I really hope this attitude does not seep down to the players. Kompany's comments after the Moscow game worryingly implied it may have.

This is a great opportunity for City. Smash Barcelona and announce your arrival on the European stage.
My thoughts exactly.

Beyond their front three Barcelona are very ordinary, anyone who even vaguely follows La Liga will tell you so. They tend to have a psychological edge on teams like us in Europe due to their recent history, but given our recent confidence boosts vs Bayern and Roma they may not even have that.

Defensively we are stronger than them, physically we are stronger than them, they may have a touch more craft in attack but even that is debatable with our possession of Silva & co.

Last season felt a season too early, this season we will win.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.