CL Quarter Final Draw - Liverpool A Apr 4th - H Apr 10th

did they score from all 4 of their shots at Anfield? And at least 3 of them came from very bad mistakes.

If we have Spanish Dave, which we didn't last time, KDB and Ferna we can beat anyone.

Thinking about it more, we’re crazy if we play our full eleven against the rags.

I actually think it's a good think they had their shock win(on form) at Anfield because Pep wont allow them to make the same mistakes which caused it.

Things to remember about that game:

We lost that game in 9 minutes but before it, it was even at the very least... and that was against a City who started poorly by their own standards on the day,

Those 9minutes started after ALL our team felt Firmino gained an unfair advantage by levering Stones off balance with an arm in the back(I still agree with that assessment),

The minutes which followed was the first time this season the players lost their heads, it resulted in gifting them a further 2 goals by trying to force passes which weren't on and playing ourselves into trouble, making their press much easier than it should have been with us at our normal standard... never mind our best(this is what Pep will highlight most IMO the minutes after going behind),

We then pulled it together and they started "tiring" in most peoples eyes... I would argue it was more us upping our game and them kacking it because they knew they just wounded the beast who was ramping up the gears. With a 3 goal advantage it's normally the other team that tires, after scoring 2 goals and searching for the equalizer and very nearly getting it... it was actually City who finished that game with their tails up and Liverpool celebrating in relief as much as they were jubilant.

I see the usual ‘got to play the strongest team v the rags’ is getting its usual outing, it’s the least important of the 3 games that week ffs. The leagues won no matter what so its irrelevant who we actually get it against, some would rather have bragging rights v the rags than see the club proceed to only the second CL semi final in our history.

Seriously some people need to get their priorities in order. The rags are now irrelevant, we needed bragging rights regarding derby games when we were shit, were not anymore.

+1

I see the usual ‘got to play the strongest team v the rags’ is getting its usual outing, it’s the least important of the 3 games that week ffs. The leagues won no matter what so its irrelevant who we actually get it against, some would rather have bragging rights v the rags than see the club proceed to only the second CL semi final in our history.

Seriously some people need to get their priorities in order. The rags are now irrelevant, we needed bragging rights regarding derby games when we were shit, were not anymore.
Agreed people don't realise this is probably the best chance we've ever had of winning the CL, our form and squad strength vs the rest and it may not be the same story next season. We may not win it as luck plays a huge part but go all out to make the best of the situation at hand I say, lets not have any regrets.

How many tickets are we likely to get for the away leg 3K ?
Wouldn't go any way , place is full of Scandinavians & tourists, the epitome of a plastic club that's sold its soul if ever I saw one , going to anfield is like a day trip to Alton towers .

Their players will be a lot more woried than ours.

Our players as well as Pep and his coaches will be a lot wiser about their press and what to expect at Clanfield considering the last game was only a couple of months ago. Don't forget al least 2 of their goals were bad mistakes by us.

Also the travel disruption that usually affects player performance in the Premier League games (sandwiched between the ties) won't be an issue. Considering were playing that shower of shit in between and the context of that game - I, for one, am really positive about the draw.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.