CL Quarter Final Draw - Liverpool A Apr 4th - H Apr 10th

The game won't go on open sale for obvious reasons. There's huge demand this morning because they've been opened up to Citizens. I'm hoping there are a few left for my boys who have a purchase history. That will be the next level of sale if it gets there. There won't be any Liverpool fans in our end beyond one or two undercover whos mates have got them in. Same as I'm hoping to do at Anfield, actually.

I've given up on sitting in the home end when we're away after my experience at Huddersfield in the cup game last year. I followed my normal practice of sitting in complete silence, wearing my ear buds as an excuse to avoid being drawn into conversation with my neighbours. But I was rumbled early on when they had an offside "goal" chalked off. My failure to leap out of my seat when the ball went into the net was the giveaway.

It wasn't so much the hostility of their fans that bothered me, but a few of them tried to get the stewards to throw me out. Which seems to be the attitude of home fans (including our own) these days, even when the away fan is behaving themself. And if I had been thrown out it would also have caused bother for my mate who got me the ticket.

Anfield's atmosphere is bit of a myth. Basel and Napoli were fantastic and puts any English atmosphere to shame.

However regarding low attendances in European cup, the European Cup pre-1997 was completely different back then. It is easy to forget that before 1997, it only allowed the champions from each country before admitting the runners-up of the major leagues.

Imagine having that situation now where only Barcelona or Real Madrid could compete each season despite being the most consistent in the CL over the past decade. It would be unthinkable. UEFA's greatest mistake was to not detach the European Cup from the Champions League as they with the Cup Winners Cup and just let it be.

Yes, but the media (ex-players) would have you believe that their European glory years were full of packed houses and amazing atmospheres, which clearly isn't true.

I imagine the reason there are so many left is that it's been a nightmare trying to get on this morning. Took me an hour to eventually get mine. Can't see there being many left by tonight. And I reckon the club will just offer more tickets to SC holders and Cityzen members rather than putting any that are left on general sale.
I don't think it'll sell out that quickly because it's the wrong side of payday for most people. By this time next week they'll have gone.

Talking today to Liverpool fan going to both legs. He has been talking about how there will be hundreds of Liverpool fans in the home end and the plan is to hang a banner down from in the stands if they are winning.

Presumably it would be fairly difficult for Liverpool fans to get tickets for this one in the home end because they are only available to season card holders and then people who have higher points?

£47

Qualifying sales criteria

Tickets will be available online at mancity.com/tickets, by telephone on +44 (0)161 444 1894 (option 1, option 1, option 2)* for supporters that meet the following criteria

There are no in-person sales for this match.

• Cityzens with a 2017/18 Platinum, Gold or 93:20 Seasoncard registered on the UEFA Competition Cup Scheme with 22,000 or more ticket points – Thursday 22 March at 10am
  • Cityzens with a 2017/18 Platinum, Gold or 93:20 Seasoncard registered on the UEFA Competition Cup Scheme with 21,000 or more ticket points – Thursday 22 March at 12noon
  • Cityzens with a 2017/18 Platinum, Gold or 93:20 Seasoncard registered on the UEFA Competition Cup Scheme with 20,000 or more ticket points – Thursday 22 March at 2pm
  • Cityzens with a 2017/18 Platinum, Gold or 93:20 Seasoncard registered on the UEFA Competition Cup Scheme with 19,500 or more ticket points – Friday 23 March at 9am
  • Cityzens with a 2017/18 Platinum, Gold or 93:20 Seasoncard registered on the UEFA Competition Cup Scheme with 19,000 or more ticket points – Friday 23 March at 12noon
  • Cityzens with a 2017/18 Platinum, Gold or 93:20 Seasoncard registered on the UEFA Competition Cup Scheme with 18,500 or more ticket points – Friday 23 March at 2pm
  • Cityzens with a 2017/18 Platinum, Gold or 93:20 Seasoncard registered on the UEFA Competition Cup Scheme with 18,000 or more ticket points – Monday 26 March at 9am
  • Cityzens with a 2017/18 Platinum, Gold or 93:20 Seasoncard registered on the UEFA Competition Cup Scheme with 17,500 or more ticket points – Monday 26 March 12noon
  • Cityzens with a 2017/18 Platinum, Gold or 93:20 Seasoncard registered on the UEFA Competition Cup Scheme with 17,000 or more ticket points – Monday 26 March at 2pm
  • Cityzens with a 2017/18 Platinum, Gold or 93:20 Seasoncard registered on the UEFA Competition Cup Scheme with 16,750 or more ticket points – Tuesday 27 March at 9am
  • Cityzens with a 2017/18 Platinum, Gold or 93:20 Seasoncard registered on the UEFA Competition Cup Scheme with 16,500 or more ticket points – Tuesday 27 March at 12noon
  • Cityzens with a 2017/18 Platinum, Gold or 93:20 Seasoncard registered on the UEFA Competition Cup Scheme with 16,000 or more ticket points – Tuesday 27 March at 2pm

Talking today to Liverpool fan going to both legs. He has been talking about how there will be hundreds of Liverpool fans in the home end and the plan is to hang a banner down from in the stands if they are winning.

Presumably it would be fairly difficult for Liverpool fans to get tickets for this one in the home end because they are only available to season card holders and then people who have higher points?
its hard enough for city fans to get tickets to this one, let alone them lot in our end. not a chance

I really think that if some Scouse bastard's try to get in SS3 and hang a banner over the edge I would expect them to be in the tier below very shortly.
All the dippers should be forced to have an enema because they are full of shit.

It only needs a couple to get in and unfurl a banner they did the same at the swamp. Of course our top class security search team would discover a Liverpool banner being smuggled into the home end wouldn't they? Ha!

It only needs a couple to get in and unfurl a banner they did the same at the swamp. Of course our top class security search team would discover a Liverpool banner being smuggled into the home end wouldn't they? Ha!

They won't be hanging it anyway. It said "IF" they win ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.