Clapham alkali attack

They would have been on high alert at the time. Fucking hell I've been on the tram and buses and heard information being relayed about disruptive passengers. This was an horrific attack and the culprit had ran from the scene and it was possible he'd injured himself in the attack. All the points I've raised are valid ones. Forget the bridge CCTV for a minute, how did he just go through barriers and catch at least one tube and a train without arousing concern? If you think that looked like a black eye you need to get to Specsavers asap.
You over estimate what CCTV can do.

He probably jumped from the bridge or manoeuvred down. CCTV isn’t there to confirm that.

CCTV is there to look back at what has happened, not to watch in real time. It’d take millions of people to watch every CCTV camera live.

Similarly, your card will be monitored when it’s tapped in and out of wherever you scan it. It isn’t done live though. The manpower isn’t possible.

Even if there was a person monitoring every swipe in/swipe out machine, they’d have to be either clairvoyant or watching breaking news on their phones to know what to look for.

Simply stopping a person with a partially corrosively eroded face could end you up in court as much as stopping a criminal.

There is usually always a member of staff by the gates in case of malfunction. I would have presumed that as he wasn't in a vehicle,having crashed it, they'd know he'd have to remain on foot or get public transport. I would then imagine a high alert was passed directly to all staff working in that sphere. Easy to do these days with mobiles, radios etcetera.

Back to the bridge CCTV, it's recorded him there on the bridge even if it's after the event recording. If it's constantly recording then surely it would show him either jumping, going down the bank or leaving the area.

There is usually always a member of staff by the gates in case of malfunction. I would have presumed that as he wasn't in a vehicle,having crashed it, they'd know he'd have to remain on foot or get public transport. I would then imagine a high alert was passed directly to all staff working in that sphere. Easy to do these days with mobiles, radios etcetera.

Back to the bridge CCTV, it's recorded him there on the bridge even if it's after the event recording. If it's constantly recording then surely it would show him either jumping, going down the bank or leaving the area.
The bloke on minimum wage is going to tackle some bloke because they have acid in their face, assuming they could see it?

We haven’t seen the CCTV footage from the bridge. I’m assuming the authorities have seen what it shows and have reported accordingly.

No it's not just CCTV it's every police officer and transport staff in London at the time, especially in the vicinity of the crime.
I think you’re over estimating what information was available when.

A random acid attack happens. How on earth would any description of a suspect be circulated quickly? They didn’t know he was injured at the time, as far as we know. How would they know who to look for?

I think you’re over estimating what information was available when.

A random acid attack happens. How on earth would any description of a suspect be circulated quickly? They didn’t know he was injured at the time, as far as we know. How would they know who to look for?

A valid point.

The bloke on minimum wage is going to tackle some bloke because they have acid in their face, assuming they could see it?

We haven’t seen the CCTV footage from the bridge. I’m assuming the authorities have seen what it shows and have reported accordingly.

Well the police had said not to approach him but they could have contacted the police. I'm still not sure how he's wandering around with half his face burning, it must have been agony.

They would have been on high alert at the time. Fucking hell I've been on the tram and buses and heard information being relayed about disruptive passengers. This was an horrific attack and the culprit had ran from the scene and it was possible he'd injured himself in the attack. All the points I've raised are valid ones. Forget the bridge CCTV for a minute, how did he just go through barriers and catch at least one tube and a train without arousing concern? If you think that looked like a black eye you need to get to Specsavers asap.

and your evidence is ?

No I withdraw that if you have evidence to the contrary please give it to the Met not to me

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.