Classic Rock (Phil Collins lives, run for the hills)

Agreed.

My most recent memory of him (to this point anyway) was seeing him with Wakeman and Rabin at the Apollo, and it was superb stuff.
Let us know on here how you find the album; be very interested to find out your review.
I've just played the new JA&BGs album for the first time, wasnn't giving it undivided attention, but it sounds good.

Jon's voice is mixed high and sounds remarkably good for his age. The music is very Yes-like.

It does rather emphasise the importance of Jon's voice to Yes and, yes, he is more than just a fifth of the sound.

Would love to see him do one more tour with Wakeman and Rabin; perhaps with Ritchie Castellano on bass (dream would be Geddy Lee) - get Portnoy on drums and you could have a Prog Rock supergroup for the ages. Play a few Rush tacks alongside the Yes stuff and I reckon you could fill some arenas.

I've just played the new JA&BGs album for the first time, wasnn't giving it undivided attention, but it sounds good.

Jon's voice is mixed high and sounds remarkably good for his age. The music is very Yes-like.

It does rather emphasise the importance of Jon's voice to Yes and, yes, he is more than just a fifth of the sound.

Would love to see him do one more tour with Wakeman and Rabin; perhaps with Ritchie Castellano on bass (dream would be Geddy Lee) - get Portnoy on drums and you could have a Prog Rock supergroup for the ages. Play a few Rush tacks alongside the Yes stuff and I reckon you could fill some arenas.
Well, if they made it known they were playing that kind of repertoire, I’d certainly be very interested :-)
Talking of supergroups, I have toyed with the idea of going to see Transatlantic but never did (so far). I’ve got the album Live in America which I did enjoy though found it a bit uneven.

Re Jon, thanks for posting, gonna follow up on this I think.

Well, if they made it known they were playing that kind of repertoire, I’d certainly be very interested :-)
Talking of supergroups, I have toyed with the idea of going to see Transatlantic but never did (so far). I’ve got the album Live in America which I did enjoy though found it a bit uneven.

Re Jon, thanks for posting, gonna follow up on this I think.
Thought about buying somehting by Transatlantic but never taken the plunge.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.