Clattenburg for Saturday

If he is as dodgy as the rumours suggest then let's hope he's on the side of those trying to make big bucks and as we will be the underdog in both the match and title race he might help us out!

The ref shouldn't matter too much in a game like this - hopefully we don't notice him. We'll win this either way.

cleavers said:
Just to put a different spin on things, this game is going to be hyped up to the very highest level, its likely to go some way to deciding the title (if we lose obviously), so he's going to have to be at his very best, most consistent, and least dodgy looking.

He'll have to look as fair as possible, because if he makes a decision that looks dodgy either way, he'll get hammered.
Didn't stop him at Anfield in last year's "title-decider".

Dirty Harry said:
shaimykola1 said:
This is just the icing on the big fat whopping cake!

T*#T

Trying to entice Yaya back isn't going to work ;-)

Seen worse (which is worrying), and it could have been worse.

Ha ha
I had a banner prepared n everything :-)

Yeah, a lot of Chelsea fans equally unimpressed with the appointment.

As much as I dislike Clattenburg, I'd probably rather have him than someone like Dowd or Mason.

without a dream said:
Well lets hope the far east bookies want us to win.
This is the other way of looking at it.

A Chelsea win puts them 8 points clear and they get the January version of the trophy to go with the one they already won in October.
If the title is effectively over in the billion pairs of eyes across the Asian betting market then they'll lose interest and won't be betting quite so much.
The TV audience drops off and sponsors and advertisers are not too chuffed.

A City win and it's game on, all bets are literally back on.
The TV audience keeps high and sponsors and advertisers are happy.

If you were in control of football, which referee would you want?
The best that money can buy.

TheBlueDune said:
without a dream said:
Well lets hope the far east bookies want us to win.
This is the other way of looking at it.

A Chelsea win puts them 8 points clear and they get the January version of the trophy to go with the one they already won in October.
If the title is effectively over in the billion pairs of eyes across the Asian betting market then they'll lose interest and won't be betting quite so much.
The TV audience drops off and sponsors and advertisers are not too chuffed.

A City win and it's game on, all bets are literally back on.
The TV audience keeps high and sponsors and advertisers are happy.

If you were in control of football, which referee would you want?
The best that money can buy.

Ooohhhh!! Very harsh and cynical. I hope to God there's no merit in any of that.

All referees are shit - always have been and always will be. It's just that some are shittier than others.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.