Clattenburg for Saturday

Goater=Legend said:
Apart from booking our two players and letting Matic get away with it, he was good.

Agreed, Matic should have been booked, other than that he was good today.

My only gripe was Matic escaping a booking for repeatedly fouling Silva. Other than that I thought he was very good. The pre-match hysterics from some Blues was a bit daft. He's a pretty dislikeable character, but a better ref than the likes of Mason and Dowd.

Ric said:
The pre-match hysterics from some Blues was a bit daft. He's a pretty dislikeable character, but a better ref than the likes of Mason and Dowd.
It was, exactly what I thought he'd be, as I said early in the thread, he was never likely to look dodgy today, or favour anyone, as the whole world was watching.

cleavers said:
Ric said:
The pre-match hysterics from some Blues was a bit daft. He's a pretty dislikeable character, but a better ref than the likes of Mason and Dowd.
It was, exactly what I thought he'd be, as I said early in the thread, he was never likely to look dodgy today, or favour anyone, as the whole world was watching.

I think that's a bit unfair. We rightly castigate refs when they're shit, but shouldn't have to find mitigating circumstances when they're good, as Clattenburg was today.

Ric said:
cleavers said:
Ric said:

I think that's a bit unfair. We rightly castigate refs when they're shit, but shouldn't have to find mitigating circumstances when they're good, as Clattenburg was today.
Apart from his bizarre hand signals and funny walk he did very well today. Matic should have been booked but coming out of a game of that magnitude with only those complaints is a win in my eyes.

Ric said:
cleavers said:
Ric said:

Not really, I wasn't having a go at him directly, I expected he'd be good today, and I'm glad he was.

I don't think he's as bad as many make out, but there are certainly games when he appears 'dodgy', I just didn't think today would be one of them, too many eyes on him.

Its a sad indictment of our referees that he is one of our best, and yet has been suspended from the game in the past.

Ric said:
My only gripe was Matic escaping a booking for repeatedly fouling Silva. Other than that I thought he was very good. The pre-match hysterics from some Blues was a bit daft. He's a pretty dislikeable character, but a better ref than the likes of Mason and Dowd.
And yet Silva got booked for two fouls which were niggly but not really over aggressive or dangerous. Other than that the ref I thought did really well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.