Claudio Bravo 18-19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the videos put out recently he seems to be a happy bunny. I think Bravo has settled into the area and perhaps has come to terms with only playing 10-15 games per year. Great back up to Eddie. Played well yesterday.
Played well? You surely mean looked good with the ball at his feet. But he spilled one simple shot that was cleared and let one comically bounce over his head. Couldn’t fathom out what happened towards the end where he may have done well or poorly when he was diving alll over the place and not seen a replay yet

Bravo wouldnt be my second choice,but he isnt anywhere near as bad as people are claiming.

He made a couple of gaffs yesterday,the ball over his head being on another level.....but the shot he spilled can happen to the best.His command of his area was excellent and his distribution was faultless.

Its only fair the criticism is balanced with praise,where deserved.

'Had a poor first season' is now well accepted as historical truth, not for me as long as the other 10 team mates are left out.

The underlying equation after 39 frustrating conceded PL goals 2016/17 is:
City concede=Bravo at fault. Simples.

I tried hard back then to get into detail, no chance.
Stones being pisspoor, may I remind of Kolarov, Clichy, also Otamendi? Leicester away, Everton away?

I do see Bravo's faults no worries and I always do prefer Ederson for ruling his box in a more dominant way,
but I wouldn't accuse a keeper for conceding when he has no chance to save.

The individual pain of digesting a goal vs City seems to be a much bigger problem...

He was certainly blamed for many goals that weren't his fault. I remember him being blamed on here for the 2 goals that season at home to Spurs. It was laughable.

He made mistakes, struggled to be honest, but his season was no worse than others.
He was often left totally exposed. Sometimes by his own fault.

For me, he's the best no.2 keeper we could realistically hope for.

He was certainly blamed for many goals that weren't his fault. I remember him being blamed on here for the 2 goals that season at home to Spurs. It was laughable.

He made mistakes, struggled to be honest, but his season was no worse than others.
He was often left totally exposed. Sometimes by his own fault.

For me, he's the best no.2 keeper we could realistically hope for.

Yup, far too much made of his "errors" compared to other players and keepers.

Supporters should really get behind him when he plays and his form will (continue to) improve.

Been having an argument about Bravo with some friends, they see mistakes when there aren't actually any. Anyway i've just looked up the goals conceded and have been slightly surprised by the results.

11/12 Hart conceded 29
12/13 Hart conceded 34
13/14 Hart conceded 37
14/15 Hart conceded 38
15/16 Hart conceded 41
16/17 Bravo conceded 39
17/18 Eddie conceded 27

An object lessson in how to torture statistics to a painful death.

His value is starting the attack out of the back and being able to ping passes all over the pitch. He almost created a goal with a throw down the middle and I don't remember him putting many if any passes wrong. He's as good as it gets as a backup here at City for the way we play and you'd be hard pressed to convince me other wise. I don't care about the goofy shit he does like letting that ball bounce over his head or the occasional scuffed ball. He's super experienced and a huge asset for cups games.

Played well? You surely mean looked good with the ball at his feet. But he spilled one simple shot that was cleared and let one comically bounce over his head. Couldn’t fathom out what happened towards the end where he may have done well or poorly when he was diving alll over the place and not seen a replay yet

At the end when he prevented a certain goal by diving out bravely at the Chelsea player's feet? Prevented an almost certain goal from Alonso with good command of his area in the first half too. Good game overall apart from misjudging the bounce of the ball on one occasion.

I think he made one mistake v Chelsea, when the ball went over his head. I don't consider the shot which bounced off him, after bouncing in front of him, a mistake at all. Some keepers let those in.

Overall I thought he was really good, confident, & some of his decision making was excellent.

I think he made one mistake v Chelsea, when the ball went over his head. I don't consider the shot which bounced off him, after bouncing in front of him, a mistake at all. Some keepers let those in.

Overall I thought he was really good, confident, & some of his decision making was excellent.
Thought he was excellent-looks fit and confident. Goalkeeping has changed-Bravo excels in many important areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.