Claudio Bravo 18-19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been having an argument about Bravo with some friends, they see mistakes when there aren't actually any. Anyway i've just looked up the goals conceded and have been slightly surprised by the results.

11/12 Hart conceded 29
12/13 Hart conceded 34
13/14 Hart conceded 37
14/15 Hart conceded 38
15/16 Hart conceded 41
16/17 Bravo conceded 39
17/18 Eddie conceded 27

Shows that for all the 'heart attacks' Bravo gives fans he's nowhere near as bad as some make out, in fact if Hart had stayed another season he'd have likely conceded as many as that's the way the trajectory of goals conceded was going, and if Eddie had had Zab plus Clichy and Kolarov in front of him last season as they all entered their twilight years he would have probably conceded more than 27.

His distribution is excellent as he showed again yesterday, i bet his pass completion was in the 90% range and i doubt there's another keeper out there who's as good who's happy to be a number 2.

Been having an argument about Bravo with some friends, they see mistakes when there aren't actually any. Anyway i've just looked up the goals conceded and have been slightly surprised by the results.

11/12 Hart conceded 29
12/13 Hart conceded 34
13/14 Hart conceded 37
14/15 Hart conceded 38
15/16 Hart conceded 41
16/17 Bravo conceded 39
17/18 Eddie conceded 27

Shows that for all the 'heart attacks' Bravo gives fans he's nowhere near as bad as some make out, in fact if Hart had stayed another season he'd have likely conceded as many as that's the way the trajectory of goals conceded was going, and if Eddie had had Zab plus Clichy and Kolarov in front of him last season as they all entered their twilight years he would have probably conceded more than 27.

His distribution is excellent as he showed again yesterday, i bet his pass completion was in the 90% range and i doubt there's another keeper out there who's as good who's happy to be a number 2.
It's not the number of goals, it's the amount of easy shots he conceded. I think we could of pushed for the title in 2016/17 if Bravo didn't have such a shit season.

11/12 Hart conceded 29
12/13 Hart conceded 34
13/14 Hart conceded 37
14/15 Hart conceded 38
15/16 Hart conceded 41
16/17 Bravo conceded 39
17/18 Eddie conceded 27

That is where stats are misleading,we have 75% possession,the lowest shots faced by the keeper,bravo had the worst goals per shots in the league,he rarely saved anything,mainly because he was jumping on the spot landing where he started ,he was very poor indeed,he has a big mistake in him in every game

That is where stats are misleading,we have 75% possession,the lowest shots faced by the keeper,bravo had the worst goals per shots in the league,he rarely saved anything,mainly because he was jumping on the spot landing where he started ,he was very poor indeed,he has a big mistake in him in every game
You would also need to consider how many we concede via counter-attacks where it results in a 1on1 with the keeper. I have no idea how many, but I suspect we concede a higher proportion of easier chances.

You would also need to consider how many we concede via counter-attacks where it results in a 1on1 with the keeper. I have no idea how many, but I suspect we concede a higher proportion of easier chances.
True,he then just collapses in a heap,he has the strangest technique i have ever seen,also the confidence he has in cup games he doesn't have in the prem games,he is a mystery

From the videos put out recently he seems to be a happy bunny. I think Bravo has settled into the area and perhaps has come to terms with only playing 10-15 games per year. Great back up to Eddie. Played well yesterday.

No Chance, we couldn't score enough either.
We scored 5 less than Chelsea and 6 less than Tottenham. If we could push more forward because we felt confident in our goalkeeper, we'd of scored more. Not saying we'd of won that year, but it'd be a lot closer.

No point in arguing, he's 35 and happy to play back-up. League & CL more important than anything else.

We scored 5 less than Chelsea and 6 less than Tottenham. If we could push more forward because we felt confident in our goalkeeper, we'd of scored more. Not saying we'd of won that year, but it'd be a lot closer.

No point in arguing, he's 35 and happy to play back-up. League & CL more important than anything else.

A lot of the goals we conceded that season were because we HAD pushed up further and left ourselves isolated at the back, don't you recall the amount of times Kolarov was running back to goal as though he was towing a cart!!

And i agree, he's happy to be number 2 and he's good enough for that role.

A lot of the goals we conceded that season were because we HAD pushed up further and left ourselves isolated at the back, don't you recall the amount of times Kolarov was running back to goal as though he was towing a cart!!

And i agree, he's happy to be number 2 and he's good enough for that role.
Was it Southampton that Kolarov had a 30 yard headstart and walked back for us to go 2-0 down? Was furious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.