Claudio Bravo

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing about stats is that they don't tell the whole story. When Neuer receives the ball he has two or three players he can pass the ball to when Joe receives it invariably he has little option than to stick his foot through it.

The thing about stats is that they don't tell the whole story. When Neuer receives the ball he has two or three players he can pass the ball to when Joe receives it invariably he has little option than to stick his foot through it.

Personally, I think the idea he's never had anyone to aim at is bullshit, but fortunately we don't even need to argue about that anymore because against Arsenal Hart had all the options he'll have under Pep, and he still put his foot through it and showed no interest in playing out from the back.

That's the thing Marv, in training and warming up Hart does always look a lot more comfortable on the ball. Sadly it never did translate into a match. This tells me it's more of a mental issue as anything else. He's not unique in that regard. I've heard a few stories about players who were deemed world beaters in training until they had to go out in front of 30/40/50 thousand fans and fell to pieces. I'm not saying Joe falls to pieces but he certainly reverts to launching balls once the whistle goes.

I've used this analogy plenty of times before.

Most of us can drive, none of us can drive an F1 car to the same standard as Lewis Hamilton.

Joe Hart has always been very poor with the ball, both with his feet and and hands.

It's just compounded further because he lacks the footballing intelligence of seeing those passing and distribution opportunities as and when.

Not his fault, he's not been in a situation before where it is being demanded as a key component for the overall way in which the team is being asked to play.

Those keepers are few and far between.

You can't teach someone to become an instinctively good footballer, it's a natural trait.

I've seen plenty cite Joe's magnificent performaces, and they were, against the likes of Dortmund and Barca in recent years.

I would argue he had to be, simply because those teams knew Joe was the weakest of the links, and he could be easily pressured into gifting possession immediately back to our opponents, if they pressed us high enough.

Most of us can drive, none of us can drive an F1 car to the same standard as Lewis Hamilton.

Joe Hart has always been very poor with the ball, both with his feet and and hands.

It's just compounded further because he lacks the footballing intelligence of seeing those passing and distribution opportunities as and when.

Not his fault, he's not been in a situation before where it is being demanded as a key component for the overall way in which the team is being asked to play.

You can't teach someone to become an instinctively good footballer, it's a natural trait.

I've seen plenty cite Joe's magnificent performaces, and they were, against the likes of Dortmund and Barca in recent years.

I would argue he had to be, simply because those teams knew Joe was the weakest of the links, and he could be easily pressured into gifting possession immediately back to our opponents, if they pressed us high enough.
Only just logged on.........Is it a given that Joe is definitely leaving?

Any word on outgoings Tolmie? 4 or 5 players to shift and only 2 weeks to go...

Maybe we should try David Silva in goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.