Claudio Bravo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best case scenario he was unwilling to change because he was too scared to fail.

Worst case scenario he was deliberately ignoring the new manager as some sort of petulant act of rebellion, and if that's true, he should be out the door already.

I may be wrong, but I do recall some quotes from Pep, somewhere, that he didn't mind mistakes, as long as they were an attempt to try and do something correctly?

My only concern would be Bravo's aerial ability?

Again, we've not had that with Hart, either.

Apart from his Schmeichel-esque type smothering in one-on-ones, I am expecting to see a huge positive with the change.

Bravo is top class, would be a great signing if he joins. Will be sad to see Hart leave not only on the pitch but his passion.

Bravo is as good or better at every aspect of keeping compared to Joe so this is not a situation where we are signing a keeper just because he is good with the ball, he is a genuine upgrade. I am going to assume the plan is Bravo for 3-4 year then hope Ruli has proven himself and we use our sign back option for a ready made keeper in his prime.

I may be wrong, but I do recall some quotes from Pep, somewhere, that he didn't mind mistakes, as long as they were an attempt to try and do something correctly?

My only concern would be Bravo's aerial ability?

Again, we've not had that with Hart, either.

Apart from his Schmeichel-esque type smothering in one-on-ones, I am expecting to see a huge positive with the change.

I agree and if I'm honest I'm hoping this move is with a view to getting Angus Gunn fighting for the no1 spot in the first team within 2 years. I think a large part of this decision is due to Pep seeing enough in Angus to believe he didn't need Ter-Stegan and could bring in Bravo as a top quality stop gap and mentor.

If you are going to put up stats like this then give us a number to compare to otherwise it's a waste of time reading your posts. I have no idea if 44% is high or low compared to the rest of the keepers. If the rest of the keepers get beat 45% of the time then Hart is doing well in this area. Also comparing % is a bit meaningless with the raw goals against as well so if a top keeper only let in 1 goal down to his left then his percentage would be 100% which would be stupid to compare against. So basically stats like this are meaningless.
44% of goals being conceded in 1/6th of the goal is very uncommon. However, the point is that Joe should be working on and improving that, which he hasn't. The 1st goal he let in vs Iceland and the 1st against Arsenal last Sunday are just two recent examples.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.