Claudio Bravo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because Bravo is not as good as Buffon
In Pep's system, Bravo is far, far better than Buffon.

Moreover, in the past 6 years or so, I've watched Bravo and Buffon for maybe 20 hours each. I have never, ever, seen Bravo make a mistake. I've seen Buffon make 2 or 3 clear errors.

And I rate Buffon extremely high - he's much better than Hart (who is also excellent in a system that simply relies on a shot-stopper IMO).

Last edited:
Pep might not be here for more than 3 years. All we need is Bravo to be ready and able for those 3 years and he'll be a successful signing. Don't worry about his age -- it's a non-issue.

No reason to believe Bravo, a full international and well respected at Barca wont be the same.

Of course he has to stay injury free and keep his current world class form but i see nothing to suggest he wont or cant and City/Pep obviously feel the same way.

He is a tremendous signing in my book.

Absolutely. Frankly, I think there's been an embarrassing lack of knowledge about players outside of the Premiership judging from many of the comments here. Considering every big club has locked down their #1 keeper position, landing an elite #1 this late in the market who can play in Pep's system is incredible good fortune. There is no team he couldn't be #1 keeper for, none

Revisit this thread later in the year to refresh one's memory on how underrated he came in

hope the fans get behind him, not his fault he's been asked to replace Hart.

+1

The second Hart is sold and Bravo is made No1, I'm ready to move on and fully support this move. Dont get emotional over players. Players come and go. Its the club we support! We went as far as we could with the current squad and within the next 12months, we might see Hart, Bony, Yaya, Fernando, Mangala, Kolarov, Navas, Zab and Nasri move on, so we should get use to this...New manager, new system, new era....."Pep Time" ;)

Absolutely. Frankly, I think there's been an embarrassing lack of knowledge about players outside of the Premiership judging from many of the comments here. Considering every big club has locked down their #1 keeper position, landing an elite #1 this late in the market who can play in Pep's system is incredible good fortune. There is no team he couldn't be #1 keeper for, none

Revisit this thread later in the year to refresh one's memory on how underrated he came in
We may have just agreed the deal but I guess we had this in our planning for a long time.

Coming to terms that he is probably our new keeper and joe is gone. This is most likely a good thing in pep's system, but I will be very sad to see joe leave. I will welcome bravo with open arms, but I am personally hoping he doesn't get the no 1 jersey. It would just hurt too much to see someone other than joe wearing the no 1 so soon after he leaves. I'd actually be ok if gunn took no 1, although that is unlikely. But seeing bravo wearing the 1 every week on the pitch would just upset me too much. (I understand I am being slightly ridiculous)

This and you see it in almost transfer thread. What bugs me even more is those that aren't aware of the players, yet compound that lack of knowledge with trying to look for ways to make them inferior to what we have at the club currently.

Also from a manger who wants excellence and demands the absolute best from his players, you don't think Pep has watched these errors prior to actually meeting the players? Pep absolutely can't gamble with trying to reprogram Joe with that glaring stat available. That could possibly cost even more games than before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.