Claudio Bravo

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many of the top teams in Europe have a first choice keeper older then 35? Arsenal, juve, maybe afew others but most have younger keepers yes some keepers can play at top level until their late 30s but not them all do. I rate bravo and the deal seems better then I expected the important thing is bravos styleif goalkeeping in vital to PEPs plans if we can get mats bravo with ulod be a great keeper for however long he can keep his very high standards up.

Not a problem. Caballero will probably be replaced in time with a younger keeper (maybe Rulli). Who will then challenge Bravo.

why we concern about GK age?
Van der Sar sign for rags when he's 35 years old and keep playing until he reach 40.
same goes with Buffon, still playing at high level, and irreplaceable for Italy.
when Bravo's contract expired, City will have both Rulli and Gunn to replace him.
I'm glad about this signing. finally we have leadership at the back.
capable to adapt high defensive line, and play the way Pep wants.

He is a pup in terms of age for a goalkeeper.

He is exactly what Pep requires in a keeper skill set wise.

Superb signing.

Certainly not a pup mate, but I know what you are driving at.

I'd say "he's in his prime".

As someone alluded to earlier, Buffon is still irreplaceable and he has 5 years on Bravo so i see no reason why he wont come in and be our number 1 for at least the duration of Pep's contract as it stands.

As someone alluded to earlier, Buffon is still irreplaceable and he has 5 years on Bravo so i see no reason why he wont come in and be our number 1 for at least the duration of Pep's contract as it stands.

Buffon is very much unique. Have a look at other keepers still playing at his age, their eyes have gone and their reaction times are wank.

Buffon is very much unique. Have a look at other keepers still playing at his age, their eyes have gone and their reaction times are wank.

No reason to believe Bravo, a full international and well respected at Barca wont be the same.

Of course he has to stay injury free and keep his current world class form but i see nothing to suggest he wont or cant and City/Pep obviously feel the same way.

He is a tremendous signing in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.