Claudio Bravo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure about this one at all

Not only are we likely giving up a hg spot in the sqaud, the guy is also coming to the twilight years of his career as well

Still, I fully trust pep in his ability to do what's best for our club

Don't often comment - but twilight?? These days a goalkeepers best days actually seem to be after they're 30.
As previously posted elsewhere - hg slots are taken care of.
If it's what the manager wants then we, as supporters, accept it and carry on supporting the team

Don't often comment - but twilight?? These days a goalkeepers best days actually seem to be after they're 30.
As previously posted elsewhere - hg slots are taken care of.
If it's what the manager wants then we, as supporters, accept it and carry on supporting the team
As I said I trust pep fully

However 33 is still fairly old and not every keeper ends up being able to carry on as long as say Buffon has

That's nice.

Shame it's obvious you know little about Bravo other than his age though.
I'll be the first to fully admit I don't know loads about the guy as I haven't watched him.

I have no doubt he is obviously good and has great ability if Pep wants him, I was just saying we might not get many seasons out of him; I suppose that's why rulli has been bought, where this is more of a short term fix :)

Shame for Joe if true but not exactly surprising given the style we want to play under Pep - thought he might give him a season to improve but that seems way off the table after starting Caballero ahead of him.

Realistically if we get rid of Hart we should be making a profit & getting a keeper far better at the style we will aim to employ; will be sad to see him go but hard to argue it's not for the best of the club if it all happens.

As I said I trust pep fully

However 33 is still fairly old and not every keeper ends up being able to carry on as long as say Buffon has

☺ - just trying to remember how to use the forum. Yes appreciate you never slagged Pep.

I'll counter with a center half at 33 - no - likely to last a year or 2. Keeper at 33 - yes - could see 5 years + and help bring through someone like Gunn.

I love the shared opinions on here and am not looking to start fires

☺ - just trying to remember how to use the forum. Yes appreciate you never slagged Pep.

I'll counter with a center half at 33 - no - likely to last a year or 2. Keeper at 33 - yes - could see 5 years + and help bring through someone like Gunn.

I love the shared opinions on here and am not looking to start fires
No I'm not looking to start fires either bud, I'm only a few months old on here so my opinion doesn't carry much weight compared to others haha :D

I think this is a short term signing like you mention, however I think this is why rulli has been bought; to eventually develop into our number 1 :)

Most people on here have never seen him play i reckon and are going on stats
Very true, and all those seem to be experts one way or the other.
Seen a hand full of games in which he's played, don't know much I'd say he reminds me of Barthez to be fair, acrobatic good shot stopper, nowt much on crosses, but loves to play like an outfielder, just with less fuck ups hopefully.
I really hope that Pep is trying to give Joe a role model in his footballing style and its willy that goes. Still think given a season of fa/league cups and training Joe could come good.

How many of the top teams in Europe have a first choice keeper older then 35? Arsenal, juve, maybe afew others but most have younger keepers yes some keepers can play at top level until their late 30s but not them all do. I rate bravo and the deal seems better then I expected the important thing is bravos styleif goalkeeping in vital to PEPs plans if we can get mats bravo with ulod be a great keeper for however long he can keep his very high standards up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.