Claudio Echeverri/On Loan at River Plate

River 2-1 Talleres, [agg 3-1], River advances to quarters of Copa Libs. Echeverri came on at 64m. He's looked like crap recently, must admit ... but, tonight he looked pretty pretty good - just lacked the final product. I'll look for a comp viddy. And there was something weird about his face, like he'd had derm-abrasion therapy or something. shrug

River 2-1 Talleres, [agg 3-1], River advances to quarters of Copa Libs. Echeverri came on at 64m. He's looked like crap recently, must admit ... but, tonight he looked pretty pretty good - just lacked the final product. I'll look for a comp viddy. And there was something weird about his face, like he'd had derm-abrasion therapy or something. shrug

What's going on with Echeverri? Echeverri's reputation with fans at X is getting worse, he's on the bench because he's behind the starting lineup? What's going on.....

What's going on with Echeverri? Echeverri's reputation with fans at X is getting worse, he's on the bench because he's behind the starting lineup? What's going on.....
- he went to France, played like 15 mins total, has come back rusty and out-of-sync
- he plays with a different lineup around him constantly as first Demu and now Gallardo try to light a spark
- too often he'll try a trick instead of the simple play, and the opponent is off to the races
- overall, Echeverri's health and fitness are all over the map, after being iron man at the u-17 WC
- chest tightness, fever, groin, dermal issues? IRL events calling him away from the training field perhaps
- natural comparison with Mastantuono who is a steadier 'classic' player, like a baby Kroos
- just inconsistency, 3 class touches and then he'll step on the ball with the 4th
- he is a growing boy, sometimes I'm amazed at how fast his physique is changing
- refs give him no breaks, school of hard knocks for the wonderboy, and his frustrations occupy him
- again inconsistency, loss of possession, over-complicating things, frustrates me waiting for signs

... played very well for 30m last night tho, maybe Gallardo is getting thru to him

- he went to France, played like 15 mins total, has come back rusty and out-of-sync
- he plays with a different lineup around him constantly as first Demu and now Gallardo try to light a spark
- too often he'll try a trick instead of the simple play, and the opponent is off to the races
- overall, Echeverri's health and fitness are all over the map, after being iron man at the u-17 WC
- chest tightness, fever, groin, dermal issues? IRL events calling him away from the training field perhaps
- natural comparison with Mastantuono who is a steadier 'classic' player, like a baby Kroos
- just inconsistency, 3 class touches and then he'll step on the ball with the 4th
- he is a growing boy, sometimes I'm amazed at how fast his physique is changing
- refs give him no breaks, school of hard knocks for the wonderboy, and his frustrations occupy him
- again inconsistency, loss of possession, over-complicating things, frustrates me waiting for signs

... played very well for 30m last night tho, maybe Gallardo is getting thru to him

thank you..

River 0-0 Newell's - Mastantuono started, Echeverri replaced him at HT. Worst I've ever seen Masta play ... shot blanks with his key pass opportunities, every swing off the hosel. CE played hard, did little wrong, but his clever balls kept hitting shins instead of finding runners in the box. comp video won't tell much

edit: fyi, only one match on River's sked over next 3 weeks, suppose CE could see nat'l team duty tho

Independiente 0-0 River - Echeverri started, came out at 58m, didn't watch it, a few complaints about him on twitter, he's had 2 solid performances in a row, the iso vid below shows another, imo ...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.