Clichy - dropped again

Clichy been great all season, he tackles, gets in position, beats his man, crosses the ball well and can head.... best we play is richards one side clichy the other, gives us width.....
Kolarov doesnt do the above but good at free kicks !

brian the blue said:
Put it this way.

Clichy plays tonight and he gets injured. We'd now be stuck with having no option to play Kolarov or Zaba at left back for league games. Our priority.

Play Kolarov tonight, ok he might not be as good as Clichy (but he didn't cost us the game tonight) and it allows us to have Clichy available for the league game. Its as simple as that.

So your saying don't play our best player for that position in case he might get injured???? - Doesn't make sense to me, there again I don't like the rotation theory that we use,I say play the best team available for important games, i.e. all prem games and semi-finals

trevorriley said:
Clichy been great all season, he tackles, gets in position, beats his man, crosses the ball well and can head.... best we play is richards one side clichy the other, gives us width.....

That isn't really true. Clichy has made his fair share of mistakes.

citymad said:
Marvin said:
Kolarov and Clichy are both quality players. makes sense to use both when we have important League games ahead

Our rivals use their squads. We should do too otherwise what's the point of having 20 odd players on 70k per week

Give it up Marvin, if you think Kolorav is quality then you know very little about football.. Name one thing he does other than the odd thunderbolt...... Its a fucking numbers game with him. He's garbage.

You're the tit who said he we had no chance of top 4 this season. So think again before you accuse someone of having no football knowledge.

His name is 'Kolarov' by the way.

Whilst I agree with the notion that Clichy should play ahead of Kolarov. I have been stunned by Clichy, I can't believe Arsenal let him go. I personally think he is the best in the league.
What I don't get is the dismissal of Kolarov. I constantly read that he his poor defensively, the Derby aside when he gave that pen away I can't think of too many games where his defensive abilities have cost us, I would be interested and happy if people wanted to educate me.
I wonder if Kolarov is so poor defensively why this is the second season in a row we have had the best defence. The way we play, he will struggle if he gets isolated against an attacking winger and a team that plays an attacking full back too.
In general whilst I can see frailties in his defensive abilities, I see them as no real issue, see our defensive record with him in the side for this.
When his fully fit he is decent, not brilliant but decent, last 10 games of last season I thought he looked really good. Add to this his free kicks, and crossing and you have a thoroughly decent player who deserves games. He is a decent back up and seems to have a great attitude. I like him and see it as a positive that we have one outstanding left back, and one who could play for anyone outside the top 4 Everton aside. Oh and he's better than that Spurs clown. Say what you will but I've not seen many players skin Gerrard and whip in such a devastating cross. My argument i she's decent, a more than adequate back up who deserves games.

BlueJill said:
trevorriley said:

That isn't really true. Clichy has made his fair share of mistakes.

I remember Victor Moses skinning him at Wigan and thinking to myself if that had been Kolarov he'd be getting slaughtered on here!....Clichy is the better of the two but AK is nowhere near as bad as some on here say he is......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.