Climate Change is here and man made

That's not the case temperature wise the average world temperature last year was below its 30 year moving average.

it does not get warmer year on year in any part of the planet but has increased by around 1 degree in the past 100 years on average and man has no doubt contributed to this.

the question is how much man made emission is contributing to that increase and what are the short term and longer term impacts for the planet.

Early reports decades ago suggested about half was contributed to mankind now it suggested more than 50 per cent but where is the process to support the claim depending on which report you looked at.

Our " expert Tim Flannery predicted no snow or dams would never be be full with rain water well before his claims turned out to be duds just t mention two.

he also said the elite shouldn't build homes overlooking Sydney Harbour as rising sea levels would wash them away.

Looking at years in isolate provides absolutely zero value mate, this is about a year in year assessment. The planet is heating up and it's clear what the cause is.

Go back through this post and have a look into the history books and it's well documented that oil companies and the fossil fuel industgry deliberatly downplayed the impact humans were having for years. It started aggressively in the 90s and basically put us back a few decades.

Nothing will change , we will expect everyone else to do something but carry on with our lifestyles including going on overseas holidays and buying cheap shite disposable consumer goods as it our human rights .

Speak for yourself, change is coming and it will come rapidly.

The youth and people my age won't stand for it.

Flights will increase in price and most large companies are now being put under increasing pressure from investors to have a clear plan. Our cost of living is going to increase.

I don't understand people like you. The point of my post was that everybody wants other people to do something. From countires down to individuals, the rich want the not so rich to do more and vice versa. To quote one line of my post out of context for a bit of aggresive virtue signalling is the another reason we are hosed :-(
If you’d read his recent posts you would see that he already does more than most to offset his impact on the environment. If you think that his post was “aggressive” then may I point you in the direction of logout button on Bluemoon as the internet will likely be too nasty a place for you.

Ah yes the old 'land management' line that gets trotted out.

Have you considered that due to extreme heat, the management of land and backburning actually becomes signficantly more challenging each year?

'

Australia’s bushfires 'made 30% more likely by climate change''​

Its a fact and yes we have to do better in reducing fuel loads despite the challenges and start with allowing clearage in reserves and areas where humans have decided to pull up stumps.

these figures trotted out nice but if you can give me the causal link between Co2 levels in the atmosphere and fuel loads I will be happy to look at them.

Lots of Co2 in the soil and the oceans but we had our worst and most intense bush fires in 1939 in the past 100 years its only because of the more buildings and humans in prone areas now that it becomes a bigger story.

believe it or not bazz we have had severe and intense bushfires and 45 degree plus heat day upon day in many parts of Australia since temperatures were first recorded and will in the future as well.

the question is how much man made emission is contributing to that increase and what are the short term and longer term impacts for the planet.
Yes, which is what the fucking report focused on and gave its findings on.

Its a fact and yes we have to do better in reducing fuel loads despite the challenges and start with allowing clearage in reserves and areas where humans have decided to pull up stumps.

these figures trotted out nice but if you can give me the causal link between Co2 levels in the atmosphere and fuel loads I will be happy to look at them.

Lots of Co2 in the soil and the oceans but we had our worst and most intense bush fires in 1939 in the past 100 years its only because of the more buildings and humans in prone areas now that it becomes a bigger story.

believe it or not bazz we have had severe and intense bushfires and 45 degree plus heat day upon day in many parts of Australia since temperatures were first recorded and will in the future as well.

I spent the first 20 years of my life in Adelaide mate, I am well aware of Australias historical relationship with bushfires.

The point is it's getting worse and will continue to be. The Australian government needs to hang there heads in shame to be honest, the prime minister is a fuckin disgrace.

I don't understand people like you. The point of my post was that everybody wants other people to do something. From countires down to individuals, the rich want the not so rich to do more and vice versa. To quote one line of my post out of context for a bit of aggresive virtue signalling is the another reason we are hosed :-(

Aggressive virtue signalling? In what way was my post aggressive?

You then went on to say 'I don't understand people like you', which in itself is aggressive and condescending.

Speak for yourself, change is coming and it will come rapidly.

The youth and people my age won't stand for it.

Flights will increase in price and most large companies are now being put under increasing pressure from investors to have a clear plan. Our cost of living is going to increase.
History shows we won't, we have know about this for at least 30 years .

Again just bizzare commentary and bad takes here.

What part of 'temperatures have been rising since 1910 consistently year on year' do you not understand?

We are seeing warmer weather year on year and the reason this increases the threat of fires/bus fires is due to the fact that there is less moisture in the ground and there is significantly more fuel for the fire to rip through.

I'd really suggest you go and educate yourself on the topic, as I do not doubt you have good intentions - but I just don't think you have a proper grasp on the situation and it's gravity. Making comments like 'The Great Barrier reef is the best it's been in 50 years' are mind boggling.
Well first of all mate, do try to quote the right person. I didn't make the comment about the barrier reef.

And second, I'd suggest having done a degree in atmospheric physics I probably know a bit more about it than you imagine. And BTW, temperatures have not been rising year on year since 1910, so there's nothing for me to not understand there. From around 1945 to 1975 - 30 years not being exactly insignificant - there was an overall downward trend. It will be interesting to see the commentary when we have the next such reversal. I wonder if it will be like the period from the late 90's to around 2008 when global warming unexpectedly and inexplicably paused, but no-one mentioned it and just whistled and looked upwards and sideways.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.