Clive Allen

Think ive mentioned this before but …
My dad saw peter reid at haydock races at the time allen wasnt getting a game
Dad asked reid why he wasnt playing him and reid just pumped his heart with his fist and said “none of that!!!” Before strutting off.

sums it up at the time

Went to the Notts County on the video and it was a mix of joy and frustration seeing how the team could have been improved by having Allen in the side on a regular basis. If memory serves me correct he also scored the winner from the bench in the cup tie at Port Vale.

Peter Reid got few things right to be honest. Selling Michael Hughes to Strasbourg and paying double the amount for Rick Holden, wasting 5 million on a centre back (keith curle who I rated) and a left back when the side was crying out for a bit of midfield creativity, an obsession with trying to resign Paul Stewart for 2 million. Selling Hendry and keeping Redmond and of course the Adrian heath decision. And finally the brand of football was the worst I had ever watched.
Finishing 5th 2 seasons running (one tear above the rags) was definitely tainted by the football on show

Looking back Reids decission making on players was shocking at times, maybe Swales was right to sack him afterall.

Treating Allen like crap, flogging Hendry, Hughes and Pointon, playing shite football.

Finishing 5th 2 seasons running (one tear above the rags) was definitely tainted by the football on show

Yes, after crying out for a bit of ‘success’ what we had to suffer never really made it feel worthwhile. Also there was a feeling that the team was functional, more than exceptional and so this seemed like our limit and a general decline was more likely.

Think ive mentioned this before but …
My dad saw peter reid at haydock races at the time allen wasnt getting a game
Dad asked reid why he wasnt playing him and reid just pumped his heart with his fist and said “none of that!!!” Before strutting off.

sums it up at the time
I saw Peter Reid at Chester zoo in the monkey enclosure it was Mother’s Day he was taking her her present

Both Kendall and Reid made the mistake of assuming that ex players/teammates who were past their sell by dates would improve City. This was a big insult to many of our squad on its own but having brought them in they hadn't the balls to accept the error and drop them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.