Clive Allen

A midfield of Megson Reid and McMahon says enough.

Heath over Allen was utterly ludicrous, coming in scoring 2 on his return and then being dropped again immediately was moronic beyond belief.

Right up there with...

Redmond over Hendry
Holden over Michael Hughes
Biggins over Moulden
Megson over Bishop (although understood the reasons at the time)
Immel over ----actually Id rather have played with no keeper

Right up there with...

Redmond over Hendry
Holden over Michael Hughes
Biggins over Moulden
Megson over Bishop (although understood the reasons at the time)
Immel over ----actually Id rather have played with no keeper
I liked Redmond but other than that yup, I liked Hendry as well btw.

Pretty sure I went to a friendly/testimonial at Edgley park and Allen scored. The city fans were singing are you watching Peter Reid. It was shambolic how he wasnt playing in front of Heath.
It was actually Chester in the cup, damn this fading brain.

Last edited:
I’ve no beef with Clive Allen but rightly or wrongly it was obvious why Heath was preferred to him, for his superior work rate.

A fairer comparison than how many goals they both scored, would be how many goals the team scored when they were each in the side. And I’ve no idea what that would show.

When Allen scored his remarkable 49 goals in a season for Tottenham that time for example, the team totalled a modest 68 goals in the league. Less than Southampton who finished in 12th place.

There also has to be a reason other than Peter Reid was clueless, why he rarely hung around any club for more than a couple of years. Or a couple of days in one case.

I’ve no beef with Clive Allen but rightly or wrongly it was obvious why Heath was preferred to him, for his superior work rate.

A fairer comparison than how many goals they both scored, would be how many goals the team scored when they were each in the side. And I’ve no idea what that would show.

When Allen scored his remarkable 49 goals in a season for Tottenham that time for example, the team totalled a modest 68 goals in the league. Less than Southampton who finished in 12th place.

There also has to be a reason other than Peter Reid was clueless, why he rarely hung around any club for more than a couple of years. Or a couple of days in one case.
To be fair he only actually played for 3 different clubs by the time he was 27…. Bit of a journey man after then but his goal scoring record remained decent. Granted the Arsenal move was bizarre. Would rather have played with Adrian Mole, than Heath. Terrible player!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.