Clive Allen

Thanks for that OP.

I remember Clive hitting a cracker against Chelsea.

I never really like Kendall style ,I thought it was really dull to watch.

Watching 70 year old Peter Reid plod around in midfield week in, week out :-)

Port Vale away in the cup, 1991, Quinn put us ahead then the second division side equalised through former blue Darren Beckford.
Us City fans in the freezing, open away end behind the goal were baying for Allen to replace the hapless Heath.
We got a corner and Reid finally relented and made the most obvious change in the history of substitutions.
The rest is history. Cue limbs…

Port Vale away in the cup, 1991, Quinn put us ahead then the second division side equalised through former blue Darren Beckford.
Us City fans in the freezing, open away end behind the goal were baying for Allen to replace the hapless Heath.
We got a corner and Reid finally relented and made the most obvious change in the history of substitutions.
The rest is history. Cue limbs…

'One Clive Allen....' Fun with the stewards afterwards too.....'Number 4 is Jesus'.... all light hearted though

'One Clive Allen....' Fun with the stewards afterwards too.....'Number 4 is Jesus'.... all light hearted though
Haha was a top day, I was at uni in Bristol at the time and me and a mate got the train up. Didn’t have a clue where to go when we arrived and a sweet looking elderly couple who were Stoke fans spotted us as blues, and gave us a lift all the way to Vale’s ground in Burslem.
They were like your mate’s nan and grandad, except all the way they were urging us to “thrash them gippos”…

Remember Clive Allen getting involved with a Manchester and Salford school’s initiative to promote learning a language - his was French. Went into schools and ex-wife (MFL teacher in Salford at the time) said he was brilliant and even impressed the Kids that supported the Rags.
Adrian Heath struggled to speak English….and score goals.

Remember Clive Allen getting involved with a Manchester and Salford school’s initiative to promote learning a language - his was French. Went into schools and ex-wife (MFL teacher in Salford at the time) said he was brilliant and even impressed the Kids that supported the Rags.
Adrian Heath struggled to speak English….and score goals.
We signed him from France didn’t we?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.