Clive Allen

I loved the sentence:
“Allen announced his return by scoring two goals from the bench in the next two games.”

I had this vision of him sitting on the bench, the ball bouncing in front of him and him kicking it toward the goal!

Fantastic striker that didn't seem to be a particular favourite of Peter Ried, but there's no doubting the man's class when considering his scoring record, always admired his movement off the ball he was so clever at getting in goal scoring positions.

Fantastic striker that didn't seem to be a particular favourite of Peter Ried, but there's no doubting the man's class when considering his scoring record, always admired his movement off the ball he was so clever at getting in goal scoring positions.
When you list him in the same breath as players like Heath and Clarke, it’s a no-brainer who the better striker was, and the stats prove it.

Sadly, though, sometimes Managers just don’t like you and he was well rid of the ones that didn’t fancy him.

Any mention of his name today only brings up the memories of a top class striker who did the business in the top flight….Kendall and Reid notwithstanding.

Went to the Notts County on the video and it was a mix of joy and frustration seeing how the team could have been improved by having Allen in the side on a regular basis. If memory serves me correct he also scored the winner from the bench in the cup tie at Port Vale.

Peter Reid got few things right to be honest. Selling Michael Hughes to Strasbourg and paying double the amount for Rick Holden, wasting 5 million on a centre back (keith curle who I rated) and a left back when the side was crying out for a bit of midfield creativity, an obsession with trying to resign Paul Stewart for 2 million. Selling Hendry and keeping Redmond and of course the Adrian heath decision. And finally the brand of football was the worst I had ever watched.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.