Close season depression when your board don’t give a F

It’s that time of year again for me. We need to buy about six players and we all hoped they would be as good as we could afford. Ridiculous and stupid obviously, but, I hoped.

A week ago a list of targets was leaked and every name on it was a huge oh fuck moment.

We know we can’t compete for known players of quality, but there are players out there. We found VVD for example, this list mostly featured players who can get a game in the shitier teams in England.

So far, even though we start the 580 qualifying stages of the CL in a few weeks, nada.

There is also a young Scottish player who I think will be a star whose team want £3m for and we bid £2m and it looks like we won’t go back.

I will need to get to the doctors, or even email Gove to ask for his dealers number to help me cope.

I hate every window as our board do fuck all. We have regressed and that looks set to continue, with the **** that us Lawell running our cheapskate show.

It’s not easy when your board have no balls. We can’t afford the best obviously but by fuck we can do better than what we get served up.

I think I will start back on the glue.

Yer ought to think yerself lucky, mp. Yer could support the team my mate does - Swindon Town. I'm not certain they can field a full team!

To be fair he’ll probably get better money.
Used to knock around with a Dundee United first team player when they were good-ish around 1990 who moved South to a then Division 2 team (now even lower) in England and did so cause tripled his wages. You can see why they go

Absolutely. There needs to be a recognition by us that we cannot compete with any club from the championship up. Trying to sign a good player who could go south is a complete waste of time. We need to look at foreign players on less money who see us as a stepping stone to the English gravy train.

Absolutely. There needs to be a recognition by us that we cannot compete with any club from the championship up. Trying to sign a good player who could go south is a complete waste of time. We need to look at foreign players on less money who see us as a stepping stone to the English gravy train.
Sad but true

Sad but true

The amounts of money available make clubs that if you went anywhere in the football world no one would know, can now out muscle a club with millions of fans and a history that saw us win the European cup, get to one more final in that, four semis and also to the final of the Uefa cup taking 100,000 to Seville, in financial terms. Bournemouth, Southampton, Fucking Norwich!!

But that’s the way it is and we need to deal with that. It’s a difficult one to come to terms with, knowing it is highly unlikely we will ever be able to take you all on again.

But, we can hope. :) and I know it’s the hope that kills you, but fuck it, is all we have.

In the words of Neal from the young ones.. Summer is a bummer. No City, No national hunt horse racing and shite English weather. Hurry up August FFS!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.