Club Badge (merged)

CRZALyeUYAAn8j6.jpg

I love this one. Really, really love it.

Just watched the video on the OS and it further entrenches me in the Eagle camp.

I remember dreaming on MCVTA or WookiesLair or TalkinCity or MancityFans or here about a knight in shining armour coming some day to save us. The fact that it happened is still barely believable and it all began with our new crest.

One year after the Eagle we began our climb back to where we today. Our knight in shining armour was different people along the way - David Bernstein, Kevin Keegan, Thaksin Shinawatra and finally the king of all white knights Sheikh Mansour.

I know it was gimmicky to begin with but it earned it's respect imo along the way. It now stands for loyalty, belief, excellence, quality. I hope it's not completely ditched.

Save our birdie!

Just watched the video on the OS and it further entrenches me in the Eagle camp.

I remember dreaming on MCVTA or WookiesLair or TalkinCity or MancityFans or here about a knight in shining armour coming some day to save us. The fact that it happened is still barely believable and it all began with our new crest.

One year after the Eagle we began our climb back to where we today. Our knight in shining armour was different people along the way - David Bernstein, Kevin Keegan, Thaksin Shinawatra and finally the king of all white knights Sheikh Mansour.

I know it was gimmicky to begin with but it earned it's respect imo along the way. It now stands for loyalty, belief, excellence, quality. I hope it's not completely ditched.

Save our birdie!

You're a 'not right' you

Also like the above.

Stuff I like;
Round.
The ship / 3 rivers crest without the M.C.F.C in the middle.
The Maltese / St Marks cross. Looks classy and a big nod to the history of the club.

Stuff I don’t like:
Bees on the badge (we have never had bees so why now!)
I don’t want the rose, stands out too much / looks wrong, no longer in Lancashire.

Also like the above.

Stuff I like;
Round.
The Maltese / St Marks cross. Looks classy and a big nod to the history of the club.

Stuff I don’t like:
I don’t want the rose, stands out too much / looks wrong, no longer in Lancashire.

Yep, what you said

My first reaction was, go back to the badge with the ship, the three stripes, and the red rose of Lancashire. But on thinking it over, I realized — that's just a kneejerk reaction, liking the badge that you grew up with as a kid. You think of the first City top you ever bought, and pranced around it having kickabouts with kids in local parks — "who's going in nets, then?", nobody ever wanted to, of course — dreaming that you might magically become a halfway decent footballer.
I must admit I've kind of got used to the eagle now — Noel Gallagher said no-one's ever seen eagles in Manchester, that's neither here nor there, no-one's ever seen a red devil walking past the Arndale Centre either — and it does seem to be associated with the renaissance of this club. As several others said, though, I hate the stars. The eagle perhaps smacks of something American — o.k., I can take that. But the stars are just over the top.
Probably won't vote, because I don't know what to think!
P.S. Special mention for the blue round badge above that somebody designed. Very smart.

Also like the above.

Stuff I like;
Round.

Stuff I don’t like:

I agree about the bees but personally I wouldn't mind having the Red Rose of Lancashire as its an integral part of the City of Manchester coat of arms.

The comment about us no longer being in Lancashire is of course technically correct however I don't know about your goodself & others but I'm a proud Lancastrian as well as a proud Mancunian (born & bred). Having said that, some of the designs put forward without the rose are pretty damn good. As long as we go back to a round badge and get rid of the eagle & the stars it has got to be a good move in my book.

Round, Sky Blue, White, Maroon, Black (for St. Marks), Ship, 3 rivers, Red Rose. Old style shield. That has my vote.

I also feel we need to keep 'Football Club' in there and not go down the self-righteous route that the Rags did a few years ago by dropping it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.