Club Badge (merged)

do you know what i see when i see eagle ..... who remembers Midland Bank? ... strange i know.

BirthdayGriffy.gif

Something to keep in mind...

I'm in the embroidery/screen printing business and the more colours/borders/details etc are in the logo the more stitches (and thread breaks) it will take for embroidery and it will take more screens for screen printing which all results in taking more time/money to run. Some of the designs are great looking but I'm sure the owners will be taking Nikes input into account of how these will actually print/embroider on the final garment and what makes money. I'd expect to see a more cleaner badge with less borders, bits and bobs that everyone is trying to incorporate to make everybody happy. I'm not sure all these little roses, bees, crosses, ocean waves and borders will make the final cut, we printers like simple stupid designs :)

i bloody hope not nike are terrible. if we mess this up it would be awful. i honestly think some of the designs on here would be good enough

Not having a go at your design as its clearly best any of us has come up with but for me that just shows it looks like a cheap copy of the NYCFC one, like we're a pub team thats pinched the idea. If we're gonna have a circle we need something more interesting in the inner circle - dare I say it, something a bit busier (i.e to fill out that gap or make the badge look a bit more 3D).

I think it's the order of the rims - that outer template. If we're having a circle we need a unique approach to it rather than conforming to the sister clubs.

exactly why i did it.... thats the way its going ... bar certain colours

I agree. That's why I don't understand why people want the red rose. Even if Manchester was in Lancashire (it's not), the club represent the City, not a county, and the badge should reflect that. If people are insisting of having county symbols on the new badge, then the only ones that should be considered are the castles of Gtr Mcr, unless we're moving grounds to Deepdale

Many moons ago Manchester was in Lancashire and I was proud of that fact.I was born in Manchester and was a Lancastrian.
Some time later the GMC was formed and it seems Manchester is no longer in Lancashire. Same with Warrington - always was in Lancashire but now in Cheshire.
Round badge for me.

If they don't want St.Marks cross at risk of alienating foreign fans of other religions, the front sail could be a nice subtle option to get around it. I think this is the best way to incorporate St.Marks, it's a classy way of doing it but the ship has to be black.
If they don't want St.Marks cross at risk of alienating foreign fans of other religions, the front sail could be a nice subtle option to get around it. I think this is the best way to incorporate St.Marks, it's a classy way of doing it but the ship has to be black.

57cf9e05ab30170319dbcf94d62ed0f0.jpg

Many moons ago Manchester was in Lancashire and I was proud of that fact.I was born in Manchester and was a Lancastrian.
Some time later the GMC was formed and it seems Manchester is no longer in Lancashire. Same with Warrington - always was in Lancashire but now in Cheshire.
Round badge for me.

I understand the history and that some Mancunians see themselves as Lancastrians, but the fact is that is an ever decreasing % of Mancunians, and anyone Mancunian under the age of 41 has never lived in 'Lancashire'. If we have a red rose on our new badge, it will become less and less relevant as time goes on.

Loved the old badge and I came from the era of being Lancashire, but we are and always be mancunian and our badge needs to incorporate all things mancunian.

Ship, rivers will do for me.

It's gonna be a big disappointment if it turns out not be round

Some great designs but i am sticking with the one on the door from a few pages back,i think we will go for clean and modern

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.