Club Badge (merged)

Apologies if posted recently but how can anyone see past this one?

New_City_Badge.jpg

In my opinion the current badge and all previous ones are too detailed and do not immediately identify the club. In the current modern media branding, a simple, uncluttered design works better. For example, think of Nike with the swoosh, for football badges Arsenal with the artillery piece, Spurs and the cockerel, Liverpool with the Liver Bird or even Derby County with the ram all have a single, one dimensional image which is easily recognisable. I would have thought this is the type of image the club would be looking for if they are looking at a global market. Anyone any ideas of what such a badge for City would look like?

A bluemoon?

i was thinking the other day ... City probably have ownership of the former badge now, otherwise any badge now that looks anything like the former badge, even elements of it, would be open to law suits. If they didnt own it now, they wouldnt have included the old shield shape, the red rose on the questionnaire.

Nothing stopping them now, i think, of just returning to the former badge.if they chose to, or the demand was overwhelmingly for it over anything else.. just IMO, ... could be wrong.

i was thinking the other day ... City probably have ownership of the former badge now, otherwise any badge now that looks anything like the former badge, even elements of it, would be open to law suits. If they didnt own it now, they wouldnt have included the old shield shape, the red rose on the questionnaire.

Nothing stopping them now, i think, of just returning to the former badge.if they chose to, or the demand was overwhelmingly for it over anything else.. just IMO, ... could be wrong.

I think your right. The eagle arrived in '99. Licence deals last about 15 years. It all seems to fit.

i was thinking the other day ... City probably have ownership of the former badge now, otherwise any badge now that looks anything like the former badge, even elements of it, would be open to law suits. If they didnt own it now, they wouldnt have included the old shield shape, the red rose on the questionnaire

TBH i thought we probably owned it again from since we started selling a lot of official stuff in the city store with it on about 5 or 6 years ago? Unless we just paid a percentage on each sale... but i can't see us selling so much that we have done (ie t shirts, scarves, hats, footballs, etc etc) with the old badge on if we didn't get to keep all the money ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.