Club Badge (merged)

^ yeah, i know, it's a surprise to me too ;)

i vote for a hexagonal shaped badge, it would really stand out in the global market and make us a unique brand.
Just read it back and it does read like stating the bloody obvious!!

The point I was trying to make is that I don't think we'll go back to a previous badge (as many seem to be hankering for).

I'm not sure if the rules have changed since then but it's a trademark isn't it, so if whoever owns it wanted to keep it don't they have a period to renew the trademark before it becomes public? Think a trademark lasts 10 years before it needs to be renewed

It was a trademark issue. I don't know why the club couldn't trademark it in '99 hence having to go with the flippin eagle. I read somewhere the bloke who had the club shop paid 600 grand. (not sure what that included).
As far as ownership goes I dont think that ever changes. Its the rights to market something using that particular trademark that is up for grabs. There can be many of those too. Eg there could be one deal for uk, one for each or a group of European countries etc etc. They're called territories (areas) that a particular deal cover.
I think there'll be a lot of very happy city fans if that rose badge gets the go ahead.

Just read it back and it does read like stating the bloody obvious!!

The point I was trying to make is that I don't think we'll go back to a previous badge (as many seem to be hankering for).

Oh i know, i mean i'll do all i can to convince the world we should go back to this -

mcfc-badge-1972-76-300x300.png

but i don't think it's likely :(

It was a trademark issue. I don't know why the club couldn't trademark it in '99 hence having to go with the flippin eagle. I read somewhere the bloke who had the club shop paid 600 grand. (not sure what that included).
As far as ownership goes I dont think that ever changes. Its the rights to market something using that particular trademark that is up for grabs. There can be many of those too. Eg there could be one deal for uk, one for each or a group of European countries etc etc. They're called territories (areas) that a particular deal cover.
I think there'll be a lot of very happy city fans if that rose badge gets the go ahead.
Oh aye.

I don't think we'll revert to an old one but it'd be great if we went back to the old rose one - though I'm very fond on the rivers it's one of the most identifiable things with the CoA along with the ship. The only thing with that old badge is the way the text is laid out - it's kinda shit but at the same time laying out the text differently might not look as good, it's a weird one. Probably just because I'm used to seeing it with the text that way.

600K? Why would he spend that much on it?(also where does a shop owner get that amount of cash back then, over half a mill?) If it's no longer current then he wouldn't make as much off it anyway... seems like he bought it in the hopes the club would have to stump up the cash to buy it off him but they weren't having none of it. Kind of like people do with internet domains these days and patents for "ideas" that they haven't the funds or know-how to implement.

I don't really like the rose if I'm honest, it makes it look dated rather than "retro cool"... plus its red. Eagle>Rose!

The red rose is for the County of Lancashire.

Lets not forget the House of Lancaster beat the crap out of the House of York at the Battle of Bosworth field in 1485 and hence the red Rose and not the white rose, won the day.

All irrelevant in this modern world unless you live in Scotland or Ireland where all this historical shite is still alive and kicking.

We need to keep the red rose!! Just my opinion but I do except the old badge needs bringing into 2015 in some way!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.