Club Badge (merged)

'absolute genius', you say?? why, thank you!! do ..... you come here often?? are ...... you single??? ...... lol
Haha you actually are though! Your designs are stunning! Probably on here too often actually and also (no offence) I'm probably a bit young as I'm only 17 haha!

In reading a lot of the comments on various sites there appears to be two distinct camps:

1) those that want to keep the existing badge

2) those that want a round badge

I can only assume, therefore, that once the questionnaires have been completed and opinions gathered we will either end up sticking with our current badge or moving to a new round badge. I just can't see them bringing back an old badge. If they are going to change it then surely it will look like the NYC and Melbourne badges but with something that represents us in the middle.

That means that, although some may not like it, we will have a sky
blue banding round the outside of he circle - although I think that NYC's badge works well on their similar colour shirt.

As for what goes on the middle, I think they'll pick the items that are not controversial or split opinions i.e. the ship and the three stripes as opposed to the rose (because of the Lancashire debate), the St. Marks cross (for religious connotations) or the bee (opinion appears to be massively divided on the buzzy bees).

A round badge with a ship and stripes sounds good to me...just make sure they get Geekingav to design it!!

TBH i thought we probably owned it again from since we started selling a lot of official stuff in the city store with it on about 5 or 6 years ago? Unless we just paid a percentage on each sale... but i can't see us selling so much that we have done (ie t shirts, scarves, hats, footballs, etc etc) with the old badge on if we didn't get to keep all the money ;)

Maybe they were guaging how sales would go to see if it was worth buying back the rights...or to work out how much to pay off the guy who allegedly owned it.

I think your right. The eagle arrived in '99. Licence deals last about 15 years. It all seems to fit.
I'm not sure if the rules have changed since then but it's a trademark isn't it, so if whoever owns it wanted to keep it don't they have a period to renew the trademark before it becomes public? Think a trademark lasts 10 years before it needs to be renewed

Ban the budgie, eject the eagle, berate the buzzard, sack the sparrow, rubbish the robin, hound the hobby, out the osprey, kick the kestrel, prevent the pigeon, lose the lark, criticise the crow, shun the shelduck, revile the raven, banish the bunting, f*ck the pheasant.

Just get rid of that absurd bird.

In my opinion the current badge and all previous ones are too detailed and do not immediately identify the club. In the current modern media branding, a simple, uncluttered design works better. For example, think of Nike with the swoosh, for football badges Arsenal with the artillery piece, Spurs and the cockerel, Liverpool with the Liver Bird or even Derby County with the ram all have a single, one dimensional image which is easily recognisable. I would have thought this is the type of image the club would be looking for if they are looking at a global market. Anyone any ideas of what such a badge for City would look like?
Just the old shield with the ship and rivers?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.