Club Badge (merged)

erm .....

aisKel.jpg

in black too .... no Navy ....

This is my favourite.

Obviously the players names won't be present on the badge which would appear on the shirt, but in large displays on say the back of the North/South Stand it would be a nice feature to have former players on it.

Well done Gav, all we need now is a petition on change.org or something :D

600K? Why would he spend that much on it?(also where does a shop owner get that amount of cash back then, over half a mill?) If it's no longer current then he wouldn't make as much off it anyway... seems like he bought it in the hopes the club would have to stump up the cash to buy it off him but they weren't having none of it. Kind of like people do with internet domains these days and patents for "ideas" that they haven't the funds or know-how to implement.

I don't really like the rose if I'm honest, it makes it look dated rather than "retro cool"... plus its red. Eagle>Rose!

Eddie Phillips, think it was. And try £20k.

I much prefer the rivers to the rose and I am someone who grew up with the rose badge. I just think the rose looks out of place. I’d prefer rivers or even a Maltese cross than the rose. I even quite like the simplified Eagle and shield in a round badge design – I think that looks quite good.

There is lots I would do before considering the rose. It’s not a significant part of the Manchester coat of arms and was only on the swales era badge. I don’t want it back.

Gav - your efforts are amazing but has anyone else said that the legend names are a good idea?
aisKel.jpg

This is my favourite.

Obviously the players names won't be present on the badge which would appear on the shirt, but in large displays on say the back of the North/South Stand it would be a nice feature to have former players on it.

Well done Gav, all we need now is a petition on change.org or something :D

it would appear someone gets its changeable effect to use or not use.

Last edited:
Really worried where this badge thing will end up reading these forums . . . Can see us ending up with something even more embarrassing than the ridiculous badge we've got now , with that stupid bloody eagle and joke gold stars

x36b2a.png

Needs to be very simple imho. Reference to original three rivers and origins with WG St Marks. Who we are, where we are, where we came from and what we do.

Really worried where this badge thing will end up reading these forums . . . Can see us ending up with something even more embarrassing than the ridiculous badge we've got now , with that stupid bloody eagle and joke gold stars

Most of the things suggest seem pretty sensible to me. You have to remember the Eagle came out of nowhere and was a bit of shock at the time although most fans have got used to it now and it has seen us through the most momentous years of our history.
I would suggest most people want a round badge that covers various elements of our previous badges. I’m optimistic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.