Club Badge (merged)

Many of the designs that include the three rivers do look a bit Adidas like...not sure if Nike will like this!

wasnt just that, the two tome colour scheme screams Adidas/Originals to me .... meant meant to obviously, but does to me.

I've just completed the online questionnaire and can understand the relevance of most themes proposed. The ship, rose and rivers from previous emblems, I also like that other symbols are being considered such as the bees and the maltese cross. It's clear that those behind the scenes have hit many right notes and done their homework with the fans.

One element that surprised me was the inclusion of cotton bales as suitable for debate. This for me is a complete non-starter.

Yes, I'm aware of the Cottonopolis tag that Manchester had in Victorian times but as we are now a global club seeking to expand our fan base including cotton bales in some format would be a PR disaster.

In the US, a key market for us, the message, though over simplified, is a basic one. Cotton = cotton picking = plantation = slavery. No professional sports team in America would go anywhere near this. Given how the federal government has recently removed the licensing trademark from the Washington Redskins, these issues are very much under scrutiny.

Yes, we do have a statue of Abraham Lincoln near the Town Hall and during the Civil War, Manchester supported his blockade of trade routes from the southern states to the detriment of many living here but for the 50 years leading up to that, Manchester grew to be an economic force based on the raw materials provided by an enslaved workforce.

I like these 2

another attempt to gather any support at all to save our birdie! :-)

69ope1.jpg

So I tweaked & mashed em together

lRbd8ol.jpg

Part of me won't like getting rid of the Eagle. It makes the badge look less 'soft'

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.