Club Badge (merged)

The ship and water and rivers don't really work in monochrome at all, looked really odd on the umbro black trim kit.

thats why the new badge will, because the designers, like what i did on mine, will test what works and what doesnt through the design process so it works in every scenario. Somethings may have to be comprised, but anything can get be solved given time.

x36b2a.png

Needs to be very simple imho. Reference to original three rivers and origins with WG St Marks. Who we are, where we are, where we came from and what we do.
I quite like these as an alternative.

100% guarantee there will be no nod to the original cross anywhere in the badge. It brings up too many connotations to past historical symbols. Also no fucking Eagles and no red elements in the badge what so ever.

100% it will be round to fit in with the rest of the sister clubs branding.

100% we won't get a vote of a choice of 3. It will be the clubs decision.

Re the "red elements"
You are aware that the Manchester coat of arms contains the three rivers on a red background! and that this element was on our badge for 70 years!!
Via the link on the club website, I asked, in the comments section, that the badge should be an updated version of the 1930 - 70

http://www.bbc.co.uk/manchester/con.../110209_manchester_coat_of_arms_feature.shtml

The red shield with gold stripes is taken from the lords of Manchester, who ruled the city prior to 1301

?? Most of your designs use the central crest from the CoA just the same as this one?

but i dont use any of the Heraldry ....only use the shield as its the only constant in previous badges.

We are part of Manchester. a club in Manchester ... we have own own idenity within our great City. Have part of our City in our badge, but dont just rip the whole thing from the council from is and call it ours.

manchester-city-council-logo-black.jpg

Last edited:
but i dont use any of the Heraldry ....only use the shield as its the only constant in previous badges.

We are part of Manchester. a club in Manchester ... we have own own idenity within our great City. Have part of our City in our badge, but dont just rip the whole thing from the council from is and call it ours.

manchester-city-council-logo-black.jpg

Yeh I think you might have quoted the wrong poat before. The badge I said was close to perfect wasn't the council CoA, it was just another version of your design.

Yeh I think you might have quoted the wrong poat before. The badge I said was close to perfect wasn't the council CoA, it was just another version of your design.

yeah ... sorry mate lol .... just looked back .... it was the quiet riot one before your's i was replying to ... thats the colnfusion lol my fault.

sorry i thought we talking about the blatant Council Logo rip off lol

yeah ... sorry mate lol .... just looked back .... it was the quiet riot one before your's i was replying to ... thats the colnfusion lol my fault.

sorry i thought we talking about the blatant Council Logo rip off lol

Ah no worries mate. I think 90% are in agreement on the core design. Everyone has their own preference for little tweaks and colour schemes etc, but I think the overwhelming majority will be happy with it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.