Club Badge (merged)

lRbd8ol.jpg

Part of me won't like getting rid of the Eagle. It makes the badge look less 'soft'
Love it. Thanks SS! :-)

The ship and water and rivers don't really work in monochrome at all, looked really odd on the umbro black trim kit.

I'd be surprised if we see something more complicated than

Outer circle
Central element
(Potentially a background pattern)
MCFC

In global terms I think 'Manchester' is potentially too associated with United, that 'City' is our differentiated global brand but it would be odd to highlight City above all else so we'll settle for MCFC.

tbh I wouldn't be shocked to see an eagle in the circle.

While the maltese cross carries some dodgy connotations, I'm not convinced we'd believe people all over the world will get behind a ship icon (and lesser negative connotations such as imperialism and colonialism).
Then its about time we changed that by putting the word Manchester back prominently on the badge

600K? Why would he spend that much on it?(also where does a shop owner get that amount of cash back then, over half a mill?) If it's no longer current then he wouldn't make as much off it anyway... seems like he bought it in the hopes the club would have to stump up the cash to buy it off him but they weren't having none of it. Kind of like people do with internet domains these days and patents for "ideas" that they haven't the funds or know-how to implement.

I don't really like the rose if I'm honest, it makes it look dated rather than "retro cool"... plus its red. Eagle>Rose!

It was something I read. He was the club shop owner/merchandiser. Do the maths. Shirts were say 20 pounds a pop. He would only have to sell 30,000 shirts a year to make his money back. Scarfes, caps, badges, tracksuits, mugs, pyjamas, quilt covers etc etc. Or maybe he paid 600 grand for the legnth of the deal. Who knows? It didn't work out well for City or the fans because we got that daft eagle. We'll probably never find out the details. Swales has passed away & Franny Lee is probably glad he's away from City & the problems past. How about a genetically modified blue rose?

It was something I read. He was the club shop owner/merchandiser. Do the maths. Shirts were say 20 pounds a pop. He would only have to sell 30,000 shirts a year to make his money back. Scarfes, caps, badges, tracksuits, mugs, pyjamas, quilt covers etc etc. Or maybe he paid 600 grand for the legnth of the deal. Who knows? It didn't work out well for City or the fans because we got that daft eagle. We'll probably never find out the details. Swales has passed away & Franny Lee is probably glad he's away from City & the problems past. How about a genetically modified blue rose?

I heard it was 100k a year for the rights sell city merchandise.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.