Club Badge (merged)

The Manchester Coat of Arms seems to possess all the elements that a lot of posters would like to see and we have worn it in the past with MCFC above it. If this could be encompassed in a white circle with Manchester City football club written into it, then I think this could work.

The Manchester Coat of Arms seems to possess all the elements that a lot of posters would like to see and we have worn it in the past with MCFC above it. If this could be encompassed in a white circle with Manchester City football club written into it, then I think this could work.
I like this idea, and think it would look great.

Last edited:
I like this idea, and think it would look great.
Using my Microsoft paint skills
2mfd8cj.png[

Using my Microsoft paint skills
2mfd8cj.png[
I'm not keen on the heraldic knight helmet and banner thing at the top with the world/bees or the council's latin motto for our actual badge inside the circle. It might be a much stronger looking badge if we did away with those things, had the shield central and bigger in that circle and then the antelope and the lion big enough to overlay the inner circle without getting in the way of the text. It'd look more striking/3D than us simply nicking the council's crest and sticking it in a circle then.

I'm not sure of the significance of the antelope and the lion though for Manchester - anyone know?

I'm not keen on the heraldic knight helmet and banner thing at the top with the world/bees or the council's latin motto for our actual badge inside the circle. It might be a much stronger looking badge if we did away with those things, had the shield central and bigger in that circle and then the antelope and the lion big enough to overlay the inner circle without getting in the way of the text. It'd look more striking/3D than us simply nicking the council's crest and sticking it in a circle then.

I'm not sure of the significance of the antelope and the lion though for Manchester - anyone know?

Some connection with Lancashire again IIRC these being on Henry VIII coat of arms and it being Tudor/Lancashire some say the chains on antelope are connected to industry and red crown to represent red castle/castlefield.

Personally not arsed for either

I like the Manchester COA as an idea. But isn't there some sort of issue with being unable to get IP rights to it?

I may be remembering it wrong, but I thought that was part of the problem with old badge that compelled the change in the late 90's. Had elements of extant heraldry and couldn't be protected according to some silly law.

Good idea, but I think we are more than just a representative of Manchester - as a football club we have our own identity too.

So the early 70s badge (ship and rivers) is the best one IMO. Though updated and recoloured to mainly sky blue and white.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.