Club Badge (merged)

Is anyone else going to the badge history lectures the Club are holding next in the next week or two?

You can get tickets here www.mcfc.co.uk/cityzens. They're being hosted by Gary James (Football historian) at the City Football Academy. Worth going just to see part of the CFA itself!

They're on the 28th October and Nov 4th!

i am not keen on changing the badge,but i am not surprised to see the club have grasped the chance to make a commercial killing , ,

most of us were brought up on the 70s badge so i agree with abattoir blue.
But Why not have both?
Eagle / stars badge on one kit
70s badge on other (and my fav by country mile)

Well done Sir this is almost the one for me. Lose the purple and add the rose and its the badge.

The eagle has to stay!

I loved the old badge but really the main happy memory I had with it was the 5-1 in 89.

When the new badge arrived I hated it. However, we've since achieved so much with the Eagle that it's part of us now. I've always liked the fact that with rag badge having a devil on it, we have wings to counter, Angel wings if you like... God's own club!

Lose the stars though. That was a mistake.

lRbd8ol.jpg

Part of me won't like getting rid of the Eagle. It makes the badge look less 'soft'[/QUOTE]

Well done Sir this is almost the one for me. Lose the purple and add the rose and its the badge.

The eagle has to stay!

I loved the old badge but really the main happy memory I had with it was the 5-1 in 89.

When the new badge arrived I hated it. However, we've since achieved so much with the Eagle that it's part of us now. I've always liked the fact that with rag badge having a devil on it, we have wings to counter, Angel wings if you like... God's own club!

Lose the stars though. That was a mistake.

lRbd8ol.jpg

Part of me won't like getting rid of the Eagle. It makes the badge look less 'soft'
[/QUOTE]
Couldn't agree more. Good effort!

Anyone thought about putting 18......94 instead of the dots?

Might not work but be interesting to see what it might look like.

Or if we're trying the eagle emblem then why not with the squared off shield like the current badge centre...? The old, pointy shield blocks the bird too much.

I'd personally prefer something like the "glass door" version that Gav did i.e. blue shield and not maroon, but I'm open to alternatives. Having said that, for me, the ship, rivers and roundel are the non-negotiables.

I'd for MCFC in the middle instead of MANCHESTER CITY FOOTBALL CLUB around the outer circle, meaning that the outer circle(s) could be thinner..?

But I think the club will prefer to go for the similar/corporate look to the Old badge/NYCFC/Melbourne roundels. Like the "glass door" version.

But it is interesting to see what other people come up with so thanks for the efforts!

Last edited:
Couldn't agree more. Good effort![/QUOTE]

Anyone thought about putting 18......94 instead of the dots?

Might not work but be interesting to see what it might look like.

Or if we're trying the eagle emblem then why not with the squared off shield like the current badge centre...? The old, pointy shield blocks the bird too much.

I'd personally prefer something like the "glass door" version that Gav did i.e. blue shield and not maroon, but I'm open to alternatives. Having said that, for me, the ship, rivers and roundel are the non-negotiables.

I'd for MCFC in the middle instead of MANCHESTER CITY FOOTBALL CLUB around the outer circle, meaning that the outer circle(s) could be thinner..?

But I think the club will prefer to go for the similar/corporate look to the Old badge/NYCFC/Melbourne roundels. Like the "glass door" version.

But it is interesting to see what other people come up with so thanks for the efforts!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.