Club Badge (merged)

xPU1aT.jpg

I'm guessing it will be close to something like these 2 in the end, with more light blue where the maroon is? (like the current badge) How about Instead of the 2 dots either side have the Maltese Cross on one side and a bee or red rose on the other? That gets pretty much everything in that most people want, apart from the eagle? Although that might make it look a little "busy/cluttered". How much stuff does it need in there to scream Manchester........the full name simply says most of it.

2 of the flags at the top of the masts on the current badge point one way and the 3rd one points the other way, which doesn't make any sense if the wind is blowing they should be all be pointing the same way?

exactly simple and represenatative of the club and city itself

11ky4j4.jpg
Precisely all you need to get consensus on is should the shape be round or that of the inner coat of arms and put the name between the 3 stripe shield and ship, decide on the colours and your good to go, no need to fuck about with cross,bees,Eagles,stars,Latin

To me it was always about the ship, the shield and the red rose, but red rose is Lancashire, if you say Lancashire to folk they think Blackburn Bolton or Wigan, Manchester now is its own place in people's minds

xPU1aT.jpg

I'm guessing it will be close to something like these 2 in the end, with more light blue where the maroon is? (like the current badge) How about Instead of the 2 dots either side have the Maltese Cross on one side and a bee or red rose on the other? That gets pretty much everything in that most people want, apart from the eagle? Although that might make it look a little "busy/cluttered". How much stuff does it need in there to scream Manchester........the full name simply says most of it.

2 of the flags at the top of the masts on the current badge point one way and the 3rd one points the other way, which doesn't make any sense if the wind is blowing they should be all be pointing the same way?

I think their is a naval reason for the third flag facing home...something like..come back safe or summat. Like the design btw. I was a rose monster but since I heard the history behind the shield badge & it being part of our most succesful period im willing to convert to that as long as the eagle has been sent to the internatonal space station.

Precisely all you need to get consensus on is should the shape be round or that of the inner coat of arms and put the name between the 3 stripe shield and ship, decide on the colours and your good to go, no need to fuck about with cross,bees,Eagles,stars,Latin

To me it was always about the ship, the shield and the red rose, but red rose is Lancashire, if you say Lancashire to folk they think Blackburn Bolton or Wigan, Manchester now is its own place in people's minds

Please no maroon it looks hideous. We are not villa or west ham. Maroon should not find its way into any of our 'permanent' colours. We are blue and white with perhaps dark blue. Also dont want any red on our badge. I would personally go with a modern variant of our current badge and would like to see 'manchester city' in the badge. The best badges in my view have two colours at most.

Please no maroon it looks hideous. We are not villa or west ham. Maroon should not find its way into any of our 'permanent' colours. We are blue and white with perhaps dark blue. Also dont want any red on our badge. I would personally go with a modern variant of our current badge and would like to see 'manchester city' in the badge. The best badges in my view have two colours at most.

The best do have two colours but writing or edges tend to add a third, like I said if people throw too much at this we could end up with a dogs dinner, get the basic ship and shield and discuss colours and formats

The best do have two colours but writing or edges tend to add a third, like I said if people throw too much at this we could end up with a dogs dinner, get the basic ship and shield and discuss colours and formats

I'm no design expert, I could live without the words Manchester city but would be hugely disappointed if maroon found its way into a permanent badge. I don't see 'any' relevance to our home/permanent colours.

I mention some on the previous page of this thread but lots of stuff coming out in the talks as well. I mentioned stuff last night about Ardwick existing at the same time as MCFC for a brief period (Ardwick played a game after MCFC was formed for example) and that the club described itself as an entirely new club when applying for League admission. That seemed to surprise a few.

Main point (again, apologies for going on and on about this) is that I'd urge all fans to fully understand every element before completing the questionnaires etc. One more talk left (next Wed lunchtime) - last chance to hear the history and to ask the questions before the consultation ends. Thanks

Thanks Gary. Had a read of your other post too. Helpful stuff. Did ask a few mates on Facebook a year or so ago about trying to get the rose re introduced after Everton got a 20,000 petition to change their shirt. I only got about 30 comments/likes so it never really got going but im delighted the club and yourself are embracing a change. Not sure if im right but at the time I did a little research on the cross. Comments here; their might be a word or comment that means something. Cheers

photo.php

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fb....10150258414691090.328055.594221089&source=43

The badge will be a small part of the shirt.

Circular badge, ship at the top and three stripes at the bottom. Jobs a good 'un.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.