Club Badge (merged)

Yep even then I can see a lot of people still being divided, I know what things I'd rather have on there but I'd get over it if it wasn't what I was hoping and get used to whatever is chosen, I think everyone should just give their preference and try and sit back from it. Thats change for you(I was thinking why do we really need to change it? At first), there's some people still wanting old old badges back so they still haven't got over the last change.

Yeah it was easy with the New York vote as one was totally shite and the other was brilliant

If they are not so clear cut it could get messy

If you dig deep enough it seems there is reason not to have any of the past things on the badge...

The cross arguably was worn by Gorton (not 100% sure who the team is apparently) so not really City , and too religious
The ships stopped at Salford and never made it to Manchester
The stripes have not been 100% confirmed that they are the 3 rivers but could be nicked from a De Nelly family crest
The eagle was created in the 50s and the rags wore it first
The red rose, well Manchester isn't in Lancs anymore.

If you bring in cotton, bees, new mottos then that's starting a whole new angle again that could really upset fans.

I dunno what the answer is, one thing is for sure, it isn't going to make everybody happy that's for certain as there are so many things that can go into a new badge from older stuff likes cross patees, to stripes, ships and roses and eagles.

The more I read the more I'm leaning towards sticking to what we have,it was the most researched badge created in our history to date, if it didn't have those damn stars I reckon most people could live with it, problem is, you can't just drop them now, it's stick or twist. I bet the club never wish they'd asked!

I agree with Gary James on one thing, the words Manchester City Football Club should be in there somewhere.
Maybe that De Nelly family crest is based off the three rivers?

If you dig deep enough it seems there is reason not to have any of the past things on the badge...

The cross arguably was worn by Gorton (not 100% sure who the team is apparently) so not really City , and too religious
The stripes have not been 100% confirmed that they are the 3 rivers but could be nicked from a De Nelly family crest

If you bring in cotton, bees, new mottos then that's starting a whole new angle again that could really upset fans.

I dunno what the answer is, one thing is for sure, it isn't going to make everybody happy that's for certain as there are so many things that can go into a new badge from older stuff likes cross patees, to stripes, ships and roses and eagles.

The more I read the more I'm leaning towards sticking to what we have,it was the most researched badge created in our history to date, if it didn't have those damn stars I reckon most people could live with it, problem is, you can't just drop them now, it's stick or twist. I bet the club never wish they'd asked!

I agree with Gary James on one thing, the words Manchester City Football Club should be in there somewhere.
The Red Rose is also the emblem of England isn't it? So it's not really a Lancs thing anyway.

Maybe that De Nelly family crest is based off the three rivers?

Yup, do we design a badge on a maybe? Guess it doesn't matter as the whole City has been using it for centuries anyway, when you're going back that far the waters get muddy as the record keeping wasn't as accurate. There is still a chance earlier games were played by St. Marks that even Gary James has discovered.

The week after the new badge is released an old photo of St. Marks wearing an eagle on the shirt will be discovered, you can be sure of that :)

I've heard him say this, too, but I still don't understand the reason why this is such an imperative.

Yes, no change, but not 'going back' to an old badge. The message I was given when asked to take part was that this was about seeing whether fans wanted to keep with the current badge or to develop a different badge. That 'different' badge could be based on the element or elements that matter to fans but, at no time, was it said that this was an opportunity to simply bring back an old badge. There could be a modern version of any element or badge, but it's never been about resurrecting an old badge as it was. Sadly, some of the media suggested it was a case of 'which of these 3 badges would fans like' but they were wrong. That wasn't what this was about. This has been quite clear from the club - no change is possible, but it feels like fans want a change.

In your dealings so far on this consultation what are the odds of getting something totally different. Have you had any comments that may suggest this. What's your gut feelings.

Round
Classic Ship
Sheild
3 stripes for rivers
Manchester City around the badge

This is who we are, we don't need gimmicks.

No Eagles.

Last edited:
you can see the current badge from 30 yards its unique ,not sure we can say the same about some of our older badges,keep the pigon

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.